Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question [Question] - Applying an Anchor to a Text Selection; how to find.

If you swipe some text and assign it unique name to it, then it can serve as anchor.

I've noticed that if you have the Names dialog open and you click the cursor between text characters to which the name was assigned, the Names dialog does NOT indicate the name. If you swipe more characters than which the name was assigned, the dialog says, "Many". ONLY if you swipe the correct characters will the Names dialog show the assigned name.

Am I overlooking a something?

This may not be a bug, but more of a nuisance. Can this be remedied with a forthcoming patch?

If the link to anchor is broken for some reason, then correcting the problem or removing the name could be a hassle.

JC
    IP

Default Re: [Question] - Applying an Anchor to a Text Selection; how to find.

There appears to be an anomaly with IE and selected text used as an anchor.
    All browsers except IE work where an anchor is applied to selected text area.
    Applying a name to 'swiped' text used as an anchor works fine.

Using 5.0.1 update
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IE anchor silliness.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	57673  
    IP

Default Re: [Question] - Applying an Anchor to a Text Selection; how to find.

This is perfectly true, and very tiresome. I'm a little amazed it got through beta testing without someone seeing it, or at least amending the help file.
    IP