Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Counture Default '1' not '4'

nuff said.

Default Re: Counture Default '1' not '4'

John you don't give the less experienced much to go on. Joke Artist means that when you move the red contour nodes the default for 4 is used which you then have to change and it would be better if it was 1 and I agree with that. I don't like messing about in the registry of my machine so therefore shamefully I have not use Bill's small programme but I think you would be able to change it with that?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I don't like messing about in the registry of my machine so therefore shamefully I have not use Bill's small programme but I think you would be able to change it with that?
    It doesn't do that unforunately ... maybe he could impliment it but at the end of the day if someone can mod such things why aren't these options (i.e. that things you can mod with his utility) not included in Xara as standard. As it is a helpful program. Options are always good!

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    Options are always good!
    Xara have always employed a minimalist approach to available dialogue options in the interests of ensuring a simple, clean, minimally-confusing interface for newer users. A better approach would be to be able to set the default contour number in the same fashion as setting default line thicknesses/colours etc (i.e. with no objects selected). Then the default template could be updated with personal settings. The same result is achieved without unnecessary dialogue and option clutter (the art of software design).

Oh agreed, but in version 4 it doesn't even do that any more ... you set the line width and colour and save you file and the defaults are lost. If would be great and uniform and appeal to my anal nature if they was the case and all selections of attribute including the number of contours could be defined within a doc ... because as you said you could set that as the template ....

NICE IDEA!

Xara are you listening?
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 13 March 2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    Xara are you listening?
    Yes.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Yes.
    Woo! Yay! If you could impliment this in X5 it would be neeto!

Gets my vote!