Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Gallery Software

Hello,

I need to create several photo galleries for a landscape company's website. I could use WD's build in features, but I want to be able to view the photos using buttons (previous/next) instead of mouse over. There are going to be about 20 differnt galleries with about 10 pictures for each gallery so I don't want to have to create separate webpages for each picture. I have spent several hours searching on the internet for flash photo gallery software but haven't found anything I like. I would like to embed the photo gallery into a WD webpage using placeholder. I'm not looking for anything fancy; just want to be able to view landscape project photos with a nice smooth transition effect. It would be nice if I could use my own Xara created buttons if possible.

Anybody have any ideas or recommendations?
    IP

Default Re: Photo Gallery Software

[deleted]
    Last edited by Spinny; 26 March 2009 at 09:58 PM.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

I actually downloaded coffee cup photo gallery software, but it didn't quite do it for me. It was pretty close, but I really didn't like how small the buttons were. I also would like to stay away from the "themes" that so many softwares use because they don't relate well to the websites theme. What I would really like to do is just add all the pictures to a WD webpage layers and then toggle through them with buttons instead of mouse-over effects, but I don't see how that is possible.
    IP

Floatbox is a lightweight javascript lightbox and slideshow, which can be automated as well. It can load content besides just images, as well (such as other webpages).

http://randomous.com/tools/floatbox/

I have not had time to test in XWD, but I think it could be implemented with a little experimentation. It does not have a thumbnail preview however.

You can see it implemented here as an auto slideshow:

http://www.delnero.com/ss/
    IP

Steven,
    Thanks for links. I'll take a look at it.
    BQ
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    It does not have a thumbnail preview however.
    Actually, there's no reason you can't create your own thumbnail preview though, now that I
    think about it.

And, you're welcome.
    IP