Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Create Website Background

Not sure if I should have asked this question here or in the Xtreme forum. How do you create a custom website background image? I want it to be one image that flows across the entire page. What size (pixels) should it be. What format should the image be in - gif or jpg?
    IP

Default Re: Create Website Background

Are you thinking of a repeating background pattern or a single photo the size of the page? It makes a difference.

If you have a repeating background tile, then you can apply it to the page this way.

Import the image into Web Designer.

Open the Bitmap Gallery, select the image and press Background. This image will tile for the entire visible screen.

If you want to have a photo the size of the screen but surrounded by black or another color, drag and drop your background color onto the page (hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop the color onto the page). Place your photo over the page.

This help?
    IP

Gary,
    Thank you for response. Yes, I'm looking to create a repeating background tile or another term I've seen is seamless repeating background tile. Not sure what the difference is between the two or even if there is a difference. I'm not sure about the design yet, but would be interested in how to make one before I decide on the design.
    IP

For tiled/graduated page backgrounds, see XWD's online Google Doc manual: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dczbrf...rad_Background
    Also check this thread, because it has some additional information in case your results are striped: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36914
    IP

Here's a better explanation of what I'm trying to create. Attached is a 100pix X 139pix image; when it is set as a background in WD it spans the entire screen. I am not trying to duplicate the bubbles, but the concept.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BQ; 16 March 2009 at 11:54 AM.
    IP

Yes, it works well. I'm confused about what exactly you are asking for?
    John.
    IP