Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IFRAME silliness

• IFRAME with transparency=true attribute working fine in Opera/FF3/Chrome/Safari but shows as WHITE rectangle in IE7/8

• LINK2 does not replace LINK1 (or vice-versa) in IFRAME when viewed with OPERA or FF3.

Online Example
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: IFRAME silliness

I'm not sure I'm following but clicking LINK1 in both IE7 and FF3 bring up Xara and LINK2 brings up the intro site. There is a large white rectangle when viewing in IE7 though.
    IP

Code:
    allowtransparency="true"
    must be inside the iframe tag

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    body{
    background-color:transparent;}
    </style>
    Must be inside the headtag off the page you want to load inside the iframe

This works in all browsers test here for only 24hrs then i'll remove the link

**NOTE:This can only be in the pages you control,as you cannot assign this to pages from somebody else.

Hans
    Last edited by haakoo; 15 March 2009 at 09:31 PM.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

As per the NickyDude's observation, in my IE7 I see the white shape and Link one & two seem to load properly.
    IP

Sorry I thought I was being clear. Let me try putting it another way.

Hans: the attribute transparency=true IS inside the <iframe tag. Check the source.
    The attribute is not intended to control remote page background.
    The attribute allows the host page background to show when no iframe content is loaded. Please re check the Online Example, as I've now added a bitmap background to illustrate this. Again, the remote page (those loaded INTO the iframe) background isn't the point, it's that IE ignores it and draws a WHITE background.

Andrew and Ross:
    White rectangle showing in IE7 or 8 IS the problem. Other browsers show the page background because the iframe has that transparency=true attribute applied.

Yes I know that IE7 or 8 does show both links (one replaces the other). IE isn't the problem with iframe links.
    What I said was that LINK1 and LINK2 do not replace each other the iframe content when viewed with OPERA or FF3.
    You can load either LINK1 or LINK2, but after this, the other link won't replace the content.
    IP

Steve, the "window" is not the best name for an element. Change it to something more unique and your links will start working in FF and Opera.
    John.
    IP

Really? Hmm... OK, let me try..
    IP

You can load either LINK1 or LINK2, but after this, the other link won't replace the content.
    I agree with the white rectangle.

But with the LINKS. I click LINK1 and the Xara site shows, LINK2 and the intro site shows, click LINK1 again and the Xara site shows again, click LINK2 and the intro site shows, and so on. Are you saying if you click on of the links the other won't work? as I can click either links backwards and forwards repeatedly and they work perfectly in FF3.
    IP

Bingo!!
    John that's just crazy... Anyway, that fixed it.

What other names would cause a similar problem?

Andrew:
    Are you saying if you click on of the links the other won't work?
    Yes that is exactly what I am saying.
    Not in my FF3.0.7 or Opera 9.64

Though John has solved that oddball.. Thanks John
    IP

Worked ok for me but glad you have it fixed for you.
    IP