Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Internal error 434.w.pa.an

Hello,

I was in 300% zoom, with rules and 2 gudes aligning with (CTRL-Click) objects of groups, and scrolling through the pages.

Suddenly the whole Xara GDI crashed (orizontal scroll bars drawn on the top, random pieces of graphics, white screen, Windows status bar & Start button area overwritten !

And then while moving the cursor to understand what to do, I got a dialog box with a very cryptic message:

Internal error 434.w.pa.an
    and OK button

And then the GDI crashed at all I have to close it without saving (too risky!)

Cheers

Default Re: Internal error 434.w.pa.an

It happened again just scrolling VERY FAST UP AND DOWN through several pages using the vertical scroll bar.

Take care when you do huge scrolls.

Regards.

The cryptic error message is actually a symptom of the real problem. It means that the Web Designer screen drawing code has been given a bad Windows GDI object to do its drawing into and rather than crash it gives this message instead.

This kind of behaviour is usually caused by two programs interfering with each other, e.g. I regularly see a similar thing happen when I right click on a file in explorer but it only happens with certain explorer extensions installed and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 running.

We've not had any other reports of this happening with Web Designer (or other versions of Xtreme as far as I recall) so I suspect that other programs you have running are provoking it.

If it keeps happening often then I suggest you try disabling other programs you have running and remove any third party explorer extensions or Internet Explorer toolbars etc and see if the problem goes away.

Gerry

For information:

I also just had the same error after scrolling through several pages, and XWD has crashed many times before on my system although I cannot say if I had the same error message on previous occasions. IE, windows mail, Cuteftp were also running at the time on my Vista- Business system.

Andrew