Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Eraser tool for Xtreme

Please note post#5 and the Dear Xara.. forum sticky.

Xara already prioritizes their development according to their own internal wish list. I do believe they check the Dear Xara forums.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Xara already prioritizes their development according to their own internal wish list. I do believe they check the Dear Xara forums.
    An internal wish list isn't the same as listening to your consumers.. and a top 10 wishlist for example could help them prioritise.

At the moment, they won't know how much support a 'dear xara' post has with other users. It could be something everyone would be delighted to have or only of use to one person.

The internal wish list consists of customer requests and their plans for their applications. At least this is how it has been portrayed in past posts by Xara staff.

Their are many users of Xara software that are not members of Talkgraphics. They convey their requests through other means to Xara Group Ltd. and they do it as individuals.

Who would you suggest maintain such a top 10 list? Moderators are not paid for their participation at Talkgraphics. We volunteer some of our personal time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It would not be a definitive universal list by any means, as feedback comes from many sources like you say. It would just be additional info for Xara from their biggest userbase to help them judge where to spend money.

Regarding how the top10 would be maintained, this could probably be done via a sticky poll every now and then based on what's been through the dear xara in the last few months. That would probably be the easiest way?
    If you think this would still take a surprising amount of time, I'd be happy to put my money where my mouth is and maintain it or help a moderator to.

If anyone else feels this would be valuable, feel free to wade into the debate

Hi everyone,

The purpose of Dear Xara.. forum is to provide an area where the Xara developers can quickly gauge what the users of Xara software at TG are asking for without having to read through lengthy discussions where further ideas and feature requests enter the topic and debating just clouds the OT.

We have other boards where discussions and opinions are welcome.

Please simply give the thumbs up or a +1 if you think the OP's suggestion or request is one which you also would like Xara to consider adding.

If the feature is not one which interests you it would better not to post in this forum, help Xara help you by keeping the Dear Xara.. forum simple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If the feature is not one which interests you it would better not to post in this forum, help Xara help you by keeping the Dear Xara.. forum simple.
    By "not one which interests you", do you mean "don't care one way or the other"? If not, how do you suggest that we vote "no"?

What works for some users may be a hindrance for others (eg, the multi-layer clipboard). It seems to me that both pro and con should be heard.

But of course you should say "no" if you prefer not to have the feature implemented.
    You shouldn't post in case if you don't really care if the feature will be implemented or not.
    John.

Hi,

Perhaps a uservoice account or something similar for suggestions would be useful.

People vote on the idea, the most popular stays on top...

Could be an easy way to see what's in demand.

Ehh... Yes an eraser Tool!!!

Marc

Thumbs up Re: Eraser tool for Xtreme

+1 for this idea