Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default aquire from scanner or camera

I thought this had been asked in Dear Xara before, but I can't find it. With all the new photo tools it would be great if there was a feature that would allow you to scan directly into the program. Presently I use Dmitry's Micro scan. I do a fair bit of scanning so I would find this useful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: aquire from scanner or camera

I think this has been covered in many threads over the years Frances, though perhaps not specifically asked for in this forum..

Basically what an acquire function does it to pass the scanned result to the application that calls the TWAIN ui.

This is useful of course, especially for OCR purposes, though I have become very accustomed to scanning to the clipboard and simply Ctrl+V into Xtreme/Web Designer or Designer Pro 6 now.

Almost all scanners have the ability to scan to the clipboard from either a desktop icon or a button on the scanner lid for example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan-to-clipboard.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	74713

Yes, me too. I've wanted an Acquire option in the file menu for years. Thanks for bringing it up Frances.

Use the scanners software it only leads to problems otherwise. Now that dynamic twain is set to come in the solution to your problems should be solved as all scans should go to clipboard so that they can be used by any application on the desktop.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    ...it would be great if there was a feature that would allow you to scan directly into the program.
    +1

It is less important than it used to be to me, but I still would like to see it....