Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why such sloooow uploads?

I notice that even if I change a few words in a line of text, when I upload that page again (through xwd) especially if it contains some small images, it uploads very very slowly. Is this to be expected? When I use my regular FTP program, filezilla, and just upload that one HTM page (after I save and export it in xwd), it uploads in a fraction of the time.

Am I doing something wrong? Steve

PS How can I improve the look of this little test site I wrote in xwd? Are my pages too narrow and should I choose a background repeating pattern to go behind the pages? (It's not finished but it's at www.birthdayphonegrams.com) Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Why such sloooow uploads?

When you press the 'Publish to FTP site' button, WD publishes the entire site, not just the index.htm, so yes - this will take longer than just one file uploaded with FileZilla.

This is necessary as you may have added or removed images (for example), therefore the image numbering output sequence mayl have changed for all images contained in the site. Uploading just the index.htm and not the reshuffled images, will cause your site to look wrong.
    IP

Some of this is affected by your ISPs server and the amount of Internet traffic at the time.
    IP

Hi songman,

I accept your sites been created in XWD but I can't help feeling it's a Spam attempt. I think your link should be removed, please prove me wrong.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sorry...no spam intended...the new site is just an updated (and I hope) more modern looking version of my original site (www.songsender.com) which I've been operating solo for several years now. I love xwd and the freedom it gives me over my old FP2000 which I taught myself quite a while ago.

Steve the Pianoman aka songman
    IP