Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link modified upon export

I am having a linking problem. XWD modifies the link upon export.

Linking to an external site - Web Properties >> Link >> Link to web a address:
    h ttp://somewebsite.com/directory/index.htm?identifier=99999&indentifier2=AAAAA

(space inserted in h ttp so the forum doesnt convert it to a link)

The htm export has changed the & to & As the link is to a site that is parsing the identifiers there can be no modification to the link.

I have tested with (correct address automatically checked and unchecked) both produce the same results
    IP

Default Re: Link modified upon export

I see what you mean.
    I dont know why it is doing that.
    I think this is a problem for covoxer
    You could always edit the html code and remove the amp.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by charissepaula View Post
    I am having a linking problem. XWD modifies the link upon export.

Linking to an external site - Web Properties >> Link >> Link to web a address:
    h ttp://somewebsite.com/directory/index.htm?identifier=99999&indentifier2=AAAAA

The htm export has changed the & to & As the link is to a site that is parsing the identifiers there can be no modification to the link.

I have tested with (correct address automatically checked and unchecked) both produce the same results
    The & is automatically decoded to '&' by the browser before the link is executed. So the site that parses this address receives exactly what you have entered into the URL field in WD. Using '&' character in the HMTL code is prohibited by W3C and fails validation.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    The & is automatically decoded to '&' by the browser before the link is executed. So the site that parses this address receives exactly what you have entered into the URL field in WD. Using '&' character in the HMTL code is prohibited by W3C and fails validation.
    The problem I have with that is when sending a JSON request it is required as "URL-encoded query as a parameter to the search method" and not an HTML encoded
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by charissepaula View Post
    The problem I have with that is when sending a JSON request it is required as "URL-encoded query as a parameter to the search method" and not an HTML encoded
    It is not sent as HTML encoded because browser decodes it before sending. Look what you see in the browsers status line when you hover over your link. Do you see HTML encoded text? This is exactly what is sent by the browser.
    Last edited by covoxer; 14 March 2009 at 08:17 PM.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by charissepaula
    Note that you can simply emply the checkbox in your post-editing screen: [_] Automatically parse links in text
    IP