Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Funkiness in my Menu

I have a menu created in Webstyle that I run on www.animalmakers.com. Actually, there are 2 menus right next to each other on that page. Both of the menus were created by Webstyle.

The first menu works perfectly. When you bring your mouse over an option in the second menu, it changes the circular graphic to a square. That is fine as that is what it is supposed to do.

The problem is that the first option on that menu starts as a square instead of the circle it is supposed to start as and it remains a square all the time, even if you bring your mouse over it.

How do I make it behave like the other 2 options on the menu?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forum-xara.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	57542  

Default Re: Funkiness in my Menu

I don't have Webstyle, but the behaviour of the Partners menu is consistent with a menu having a 'currently selected' option. If 'Bould productions' is chosen, it then has the red square and 'Animal channel' then has the circle. So, it looks like a menu with the first option chosen as default.

Does that make sense?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I don't have Webstyle, but the behaviour of the Partners menu is consistent with a menu having a 'currently selected' option. If 'Bould productions' is chosen, it then has the red square and 'Animal channel' then has the circle. So, it looks like a menu with the first option chosen as default.
    I don't see that. If I bring my mouse over another option, I still see the square next to the first option. I do not see it going away.

Also, this behavior is not repeated on the other menu. The other menu is not even showing a default square.

Quote Originally Posted by PCInfoman View Post
    I don't see that. If I bring my mouse over another option, I still see the square next to the first option. I do not see it going away.

Also, this behavior is not repeated on the other menu. The other menu is not even showing a default square.
    You need to click the second menu. The option that is clicked gets the red square, the first option gets the circle.

The first menu doesn't have a 'default' setting.

I'm assuming that webstyle offers a default selection and it's not set on the first menu, but is set on the second.

Paul

...as Paul says.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	animakers.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	57546  

Well, I don't know why it is showing that way to you. Regardless, I how do I make it so there is no default? After all, the other menu on that page does not do this.

make it the same way you did the first one?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I don't have webstyle and it's no longer available for download. All I can suggest is that you check the menu creation options for something to do with indicating the last selected menu. I'm 99% sure you've created the two menus with different settings in webstyle.

Paul

I think it has something to do with the name of the page. Do a search on this forum. There was a post about this happening a year or two ago.

Sorry I don't have time to do the search myself, I must leave for work.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    make it the same way you did the first one?
    It was made EXACTLY like the other menu. The ONLY difference is the menu options.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I think it has something to do with the name of the page. Do a search on this forum. There was a post about this happening a year or two ago.
    Search for what? Your comment really does not give me ideas on what to search for?