Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Reusing the same placeholder

I have a placeholder on a page that display's a YouTube Video. I'd like it so that there are a number of links on the page and clicking each one loads a different YouTube video into the placeholder already there. Is that possible? Any help would be appreciated.
    IP

Default Re: Reusing the same placeholder

This was discussed already but I can't find the original thread where I posted this so I'll post it again.

Yes is the answer.

Your placeholder needs the iframe code with a name (used as the target frame) like this:

<iframe src=# name=thisframe height=100% width=100% scrolling=auto frameborder=0></iframe>

Then for each link that you want to open in the same placeholder, set the Web Properties Link>>Open in >> enter: thisframe (as the target)

Look at the attached .web file to get the idea.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 13 March 2009 at 10:35 AM.
    IP

Brilliant! Thanks very muchly
    IP

IP

Steve, have I got a glitch in my WD? The videos play in preview but there's no link in the dialogue box Or is it me? I have noticed on a site I'm doing that some links need to be re-done even though they're there ... deselected then selected again.

PS I also tried not selecting the bullet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steve_video_placeholder.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	57515  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

You have selected some characters that have no link applied. If there's no option is selected in the links dialog this means that you have selected objects with different properties.
    John.
    IP

D'OH! Tried without the bullet, but there was a space after the text which I selected! Thanks John. Must stop messing about in the mornings!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP