I doubt Corel will "die" as a direct result of not immediately porting over to Mac, but given Mac's ever rising market share, it wouldn't be a bad idea either. Just having a Mac version of CorelDRAW would show Corel's competition, namely Adobe, that they're here to play serious hard ball.

Corel's past bad marketing decisions are just that: in the past. And while Corel should be grateful to Microsoft for helping them out in tough times, I don't believe Corel should feel obligated now to limit it's marketing to only Windows-based PC's.

As for Painter, it shouldn't matter whether that program was originally designed for Mac or not. What's more important is to recognize that today's designers work on both Macs, and Windows. For a graphics software developer to not cater to both camps is simply bad marketing, in my opinion.

Likewise with CorelDRAW, so what if it was originally designed to work on Windows only? Times sure have changed since then. A successful, forward-thinking graphics software company must be willing to change with the times, and accommodate their existing and potential customers' choice of operating systems.