Corel has a highly successful product with its Painter software. Version 11 has just been released, with versions for both Windows and Mac. With Painter, Corel has gained the respect of all digital designers, regardless of whatever operating system they choose to use.

My question is why has Corel stopped production of CorelDRAW for the Mac? As anyone who has seriously used the product knows, CorelDRAW is more than just a viable option to the "industry standard" Adobe Illustrator. In many ways, CorelDRAW's features far outweigh those of it's competitor.

Why then has a Mac version been snubbed? I simply can't believe that Mac users are so naive or stubborn as to not accept a new design tool. As a longtime Windows/PC user who has now switched over to Mac, I can say without hesitation that an up to date Mac version of CorelDRAW would be most welcome. While it is possible to run CorelDRAW on an Intel-based Mac (as I do, natively under Bootcamp or through a virtual machine configuration), either scenario requires the purchase of another operating system, namely Windows. Macs are expensive enough already. Users shouldn't need to spend that kind of money just to get their favorite program to run.

Corel has shown through its Painter program that it's beneficial to create dual platform versions. Corel's last Mac version of CorelDRAW was version 12. That's simply far too outdated now for today's demanding designer. Please, Corel: Consider creating an up to date Mac version of CorelDRAW. CorelDRAW is far more than just a "business graphics" program. If you want the program to have the recognition it truly deserves, you have to play on everyone's field. Build it, and they will come.