Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: ღ problem

Arrow ღ problem

ღ this symbol is in Gerogian language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_language).
    Is possible copy ღ and paste in xara 3d 6 ?
    Many thanks.

Default Re: ღ problem

If you have that font installed on your system and you have Xara Xtreme, you can type it in Xtreme, copy to the clipboard and paste it in Xara 3D.
    I have attached an X3D6 file for you to look at, which is the tracing I made of the symbol.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	symbol.png 
Views:	296 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	57473  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 12 March 2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: add files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Arrow Re: ღ problem

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    If you have that font installed on your system and you have Xara Xtreme, you can type it in Xtreme, copy to the clipboard and paste it in Xara 3D.
    I have attached an X3D6 file for you to look at, which is the tracing I made of the symbol.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    I paste this character ღ in xara 3 d and xara xtreme but as a result I see only this X3D file that I have attached

Hi Martino, from the file you have attached, it looks like you do not have language support enabled in Windows for that font. Which is odd, as now I think about it, it must be in your system for you to have typed it in your original post title. If it shows up in Xtreme when you type it, try converting the text to editable shapes (Shift+Ctrl+S) before copying it to the clipboard.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

hallo iamtheblues what is your SO?
    Have you windows vista ,mac ,linux?

Hi martino, I use Windows XP.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

hi iamtheblus have you Sylfaen font in xara 3d?
    If you have this font copy this ღ and paste in xara with this font select ,please.

Here is the character in Sylfaen font (.png with alpha transparency - right click on it and save image as .png). Also the .X3D file.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	sylfaen.png 
Views:	236 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	57595  

me too ,but only if I select Sylfaen font

Martino, can you tell me if the symbol has an equivalent meaning in English, or, if not, how it translates from Georgian?
    I have tried searching for it In Wikipedia and Google, but the only results are all in the Georgian language!
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	sylfaen.gif 
Views:	233 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	57597