Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: links to pdf documents

Select object or text then go to: Web Properties >> Link >> Link to web address: index_htm_files/document.pdf (or whatever)

If you have created a folder called 'documents' inside the index_htm_files folder, then the link should be: index_htm_files/documents/document.pdf (or whatever)

If this still fails, post your .web file and someone will take a look.
    IP

Here I have attached a page based on writer_page template. All have altered is the link attached to the button at the bottom of the page called "button text"
    I added a link to a file called atfbase.jpg which I located in an "images" file in the same folder as the Exported index files
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atfbase.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	57498  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Stan your link to the JPG was not correct.
    Where you have set the link as: images/atfbase.jpg it should be index_htm_files/images/atfbase.jpg
    This works fine.

See it working online here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

sledger thanks for your help...the modified .Web file certainly worked ok...
    however...
    I still can't get any links to documents or photos to work with my version of Web Designer...
    I've just spent two days trying to get it to work, even made sure all my permissions were OK for all files used..nothing there to stop it.
    I have to design a new website which will be linked to documents and photos, so I will be doing so with Xara Xtreme, since I have no problem with links associated with XX.
    I happened to notice that Xara Xtreme creates a folder called "index.htm_files" whilst Web Designer creates a folder called "index_htm_files"..just an observation

Regards
    Tony Stancombe
    Melbourne, Australia
    stanan01@westnet.com.au
    IP

Tony which version of Windows are you using?

(note: I would advise removing your email address from your posts, or at the very least change it to something like stanan01 [at] westnet com au)
    IP

I'm using windows XP Service Pack 3 and Xara Web Designer version 5.0.0.7770 DL Xara Xtreme version 4.0.1.5601 CD
    regards
    Tony Stancombe
    IP