Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default No Form Elements? I need it XWD.

Hi everyone there,

This is my first post here as I have just purchased Xara Web Designer and it's my first purchased item from xara as well, I like the software very much, and now this form requirement make some disappointment.

I need very basic Form Elements with Xara Web Designer, such as;

Check box
    Radio buttons
    Drop-down list
    Multi-line text box
    One-line text box

See Example
    http://www.feizsite.com/Xara/FormElements/index.html

Is XWD missed this on purposes so that we have to depend any other Web authoring tool?
    Come on Xara, Web form is basic requirement for either flash or html web authoring tool.

Xara are you there to give me an answer please?
    IP

Default Re: No Form Elements? I need it XWD.

Welcome!

Unfortunately XWD doesn't have a form designer and it's not about to appear anytime soon either.

There has been quite a bit of debate about this already: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36773

I'd suggest you make any further comments in that thread.

Paul
    IP

Hello Ghol,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I do not see any Xara employees online at this time. It is about 2:33 AM in England at this time.

Web Forms is not included in the current release of Web Designer. The application is not intended to provide form creation. The primary purpose is to allow even non-coders to create good looking web site using WYSIWYG only and no need to look at any code.

EDIT: I see paul beat me to a reply and provided a good link to follow. A NightOwl are you Paul? Very early your timezone.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: No Form Elements? I need it with XWD.

Thank you guys for quick reply.

pauland thanks for the link

I have coffecup Web Form builder and have not tried out yet with XWD and well I still think Xara should Consider this features as in future updates.

Soquili I have a program called Web Page Maker and it does not require any coding for basic Email form creation and all you have to do is just drag and drop the form elements and insert your Email addresse and and the rest would take cared by software itself .

And since Xara Web Designer is combination of flash and WYSIWYG HTML web kind authoring tool I am loving it.

So Xara I would lick my fingers if there would be just extension of form builder that nicely fit and co-operate within XWD environment.
    Last edited by ghol; 12 March 2009 at 02:28 AM.
    IP

We know forms are important, but part of the reason it was moved to be a lower priority for us was due to the growing number of third party form solutions, many of which are more advanced and flexible than we'd ever build into the program itself. E.g. Jotform.com and FormLogix - and quite a few people have recommended the CoffeeCup form solutions as well. On Google Gadgets there are also some very simple form gadgets that work well.

But it's possible future versions will have some basic form capabilities included. or we may just partner with a third party form builder, such as one of those above, and do it that way.
    IP

ghol,

I have tried out the CoffeeCup forms with XWD and they work perfectly.
    Since you already have both programs you are all set.
    As Charles points out, it is a matter of priorities. For all of us, it can be a matter of price.
    TJB
    IP

Thanks Charles Moir Hope to see XWD will implement basic form with no coding required.

spondoolix thank you for good news.
    IP

Hi Ghol

First, welcome to the Forum. Your request seems to be in high demand but personally I do not understand it, especially in your case. You state that you can make the forms with your other program, so why not do that and just link externally to it? True, it would be nicer just using one program but on the otherside of the coin, by using both programs you are staying in contact with your roots, so to speak. No point in junking the old program just because you have a new one, I am sure it has many good points also.

For myself, John gave a code so that you can create a body of a letter which can resemble a form. It is not as convient to fill in and is limited in it's scope but it can and does have some advantages. #1, when somebody writes to me asking about a room, I would like some basic information, so I can ask for this now in the letter they send. #2....very few people fill in the form but every year, people that do fill it in make a mistake in their email address........meaning I can not reply without having to phone long distance: and #3......by just using a simple letter, my email address with the new program is encoded to prevent the web robots from finding it, I do not know if this can be done with a form.

I know this is not the real solution to your question but sometimes you just have to do a work around. True, you can not do forms but with your exisitng program do you have full control over images as you do with web designer.

Anyway, it is a new program and there are going to be a lot of questions asked, lots of requests made, and lots of work arounds given by the members of the forum and the programers so I would suggest you stick around the forum, it is a very interesting place..........frank
    IP

thanks for welcoming me and good advices buddy.
    IP