Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default selective upload - update only changed or selected pages

Is there any way to configure the upload?
    I've created a site with a couple of large flash files (30mb+ with more coming) and which I plan to regularly update.
    www.animmaster.com
    At the moment I can see this becoming an issue with uploads as every time I add a page I need to upload the entire site. I can use substitute placeholders and renaming to get around the flash issue but that doesn't help with large galleries etc.
    Any ideas?
    IP

Default Re: selective upload - update only changed or selected pages

At this stage of Web Designer's evolution there is no way to upload only a selection of files.

Your favorite FTP application (other than Web Designer) can be used for those occasions.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

The problem with I can see is that XWD seems to do a complete export each time and changing a page seems to result in all the graphics being regenerated with new names. Potentially this means uploading the entire site each time unless there is a way to make constant page elements(bg's, headers, footers and navbar elements) have a consistent naming convention.
    IP

I had not noticed the names changing for the graphics. I'll pay more attention as I re-export my current project.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

I also realize this could be an issue having to upload the entire site every time I ftp.

I did want to ask if there's any way to SAVE my ftp settings. When I go from one site to another, the previous site's ftp info is still there.

Should I create a new template?
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

FTP settings are currently saved to the Windows registry. I believe that a future update will look at FTP settings per .web file or some other per site option. John (Covoxer) would have more to say.
    IP

A workaround would be to place your large swf files in a folder named swf and set the placeholder to load from there
    Code:
    ../swf/myswf.swf
    I think.

I believe XWD only ftp's the index.htm file and index_htm_files content. So this way the swf folder wouldn't be updated each time. Of course you'd need an ftp program initially to create and upload the flash files to the swf folder, but subsequent alterations that use the same swf files could be run from XWD directly.

On the ftp address issue I agree this needs sorting out quickly, I've already messed up a site due to this glitch
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP