Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dynamic content. Volunteers needed.

If you want to insert server script generated content into WD design then you may encounter a problem with a static layout of the page. One solution is to place it within a scroll box. But this doesn't look great.
    So I think I can try to write a snippet to provide some dynamic capabilities.

Now, if enyone is interested and have a design that he want to use with dynamic content and has a server that generates this content, so, generally is ready to try out the script, please answer in this thread.

Thank you.
    John.
    IP

Default Re: Dynamic content. Volunteers needed.

John, can you link us to an example that demonstrates dynamic content please.
    IP

No. I shall not develop it for the demonstration. Only for practical use.
    John.
    IP

Hi,
    don't know if this is what you are looking for but I will answer anyway.
    I am trying to design a site for a game forum, that utilizes php scripts, which my personal webspace doesn't alllow. I am trying to place a "place holder" to hold an Iframe containing the forum scripts.
    march 11 design.web
    If this is not what you are after ignore
    Jim
    IP

For our home listings, at sunhome.biz we will be using an iframe to insert content from mhvillage.net. The listings will range from 1-30 listings per page so at times the height will really need to grow. If this is what you are looking for I can provide the iframe source code.

Thanks, James
    IP

Hi,
    I would appreciate that! would save me a ton of work I think and I could have a look at how it is achieved.
    Jim
    If ya want to send in privately my email is macgregorj(at)shaw.ca
    Jim
    IP

Yes, I would like to see the working code that you use. You can PM me if you want. I would also like to see the design that you want to use with it. It would be great if you already have some sort of working design with iFrames or scrollong div used for enbedding. This would help me to make easy to use code.

Also the more people contribute with such prototypes, the more flexible code shall be.

Thank you.
    John.
    IP

I output around 60 lodging listing pages each night via php/MySQL for my travel guides. The proposed redesign architecture I've already posted, it's viewable in sketch form at www.nycgetaways.com/redesign. Ideally, not only should the larger panel be free to grow to accommodate the code output by php, but on the client side I plan to include javascript that will add to the content in the small panel at left. Presumably you can do nothing client side, so I plan to allow a fixed height for a box that will display up to 4, say, entries, so that box and hence the panel needn't deepen but merely display additional entries at the top of the box.

It's for uses such as this that I am faking up the page architecture generated by Xara so I can output my listings in regular coding that will vary page depth as needed.

Shaun
    IP

I would be helped by being able to output pages in multiple locations, from a single XWD file, with that file's properties allowing me to declare where in the tree (or even in another site) I want the graphics folder.

Example: I have five home pages that I might want to update for each season. It would be simpler if I could have all five in a single XWD file, and be able to swap one season's graphics for another in all the pages at once, on "Publish" the home pages in each site being updated.

As it is, I plan on maintaining five XWD files, each creating a file and graphics folder in the root directories of five different sites.

This seems to an outsider a small extension of what XWD already offers. Maybe there could be an "Options" button in the "Publish" tab for the address for the graphics folder and one in each "Page" tab for the page file's locations, local and remote.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by shaun2000 View Post
    I output around 60 lodging listing pages each night via php/MySQL for my travel guides. The proposed redesign architecture I've already posted, it's viewable in sketch form at www.nycgetaways.com/redesign. Ideally, not only should the larger panel be free to grow to accommodate the code output by php, but on the client side I plan to include javascript that will add to the content in the small panel at left. Presumably you can do nothing client side, so I plan to allow a fixed height for a box that will display up to 4, say, entries, so that box and hence the panel needn't deepen but merely display additional entries at the top of the box.

It's for uses such as this that I am faking up the page architecture generated by Xara so I can output my listings in regular coding that will vary page depth as needed.

Shaun
    I see. For this design it looks that it would be enough turn off the page cutting at a border. Then the vertically growing placeholder will be visible no matter how high it is. Am I right?
    John.
    IP