Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Affiliate links

Default Affiliate links

I put two affiliate links on a pop-up layer. The first one - Pro - worked when I tested it (i.e. the image when clicked went to the Xara Pro page), but the second one - WD - wouldn't click.

PRO
    <script src="http://site.xara.com/affiliate/code.asp?id=851386&prod=XaraXtremePro4&type=banner 8"></script>

WD
    <script src="http://site.xara.com/affiliate/code.asp?id=851386&prod=WebDesigner&type=flashbann er2"></script>

Re-did the placeholder object but to no avail. Any ideas?

PS previewing this I noticed flashbanner2 said flashann er2, with a space. That's not how it copied to the placeholder ... I checked
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Default Re: Affiliate links

Hi John,

I tried your script in a placeholder and it worked correctly. It showed the banner and took me to :

http://www.xara.com/uk/products/webdesigner

when I clicked it ...

I previewed it in IE.

Marc
    IP

Oh .... Must be something I've done - or not done - then. Serves me right for messing with it at that time of the morning ... addicted to WD already!!

Thanks for the feedback Marc, appreciated
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Yeah, I was just using the WD preview this morning. It works in IE, but not in FF, Opera or Chrome apparently. First one works in all of them! Not had time during the day but I've got a fun evening ahead!
    IP

-=Bob=-
    IP

Still having a problem with the affiliate banner link for WD (see post #1). Link works in IE but nothing else. Thought it might be because it was on a layer (though the XXP link works fine from there) so moved it to the page itself - no joy - and then I changed the code to 'advanced' - still no luck!

As I say, it works in IE. Any ideas?
    IP

Try to not place them on the pop up layer.
    John.
    IP

Yeah, I've scrapped that idea now and put them on an ordinary page. In fact I've also scrapped the WD Flash banner and I'm just using a static image. Strange how the XXP one works in all browsers but WD one only in IE - same code, except for link to relevant page. No biggie
    IP

There is a great difference between scripts used in XXP4 and WD.
    WD uses some code to reset flash animations on the popup layers. While this is important, it may interfere with some inserted scripts which may fail.
    We are constantly working on improving our script (ther's really a lot of compatibility and feature requirements), so it is possible that following updates will work better in this aspect.
    John.
    IP

Thanks for explanation John, at least it's not just me
    IP