Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publish Tab contents

I've noticed that the publish tab contents remains the same even if you create a new site. Is this intentional? I would have thought it would be better to have the publish tabs contents left blank for each new site and only saved when the XWD file is saved. As it is, a user could very easily publish a site to the wrong server.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Publish Tab contents

Agreed Egg, and there has been some discussion regarding a suggestion to embed /save the FTP details per.web file.
    IP

Yes agreed. It's on the wish list and we'll add it in future releases. Actually it's why we added that prompt warning so you get a last 'confirm' opportunity where it shows which site it will upload to.

We were uncertain about adding FTP details into the .web file. It's potentially dangerous, especially if it includes passwords. But some people want passwords saved as well. Anyway we have a plan that will be acceptable to everyone.
    IP

Yes I can understand the password security issue. Thanks for the update.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP