Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Animation question

I keep trying to follow Xara's little flash animation tutorial but I get lots of error messages. I do not know what they mean. Below is an example. My first attempt used objecs with live effects and feathering. It did not like that. So then I tried with text. These are the messages with just text. My animations just jump from one frame to the next without any frames inbetween. I am presuming that's what 'tweening' is. How do I get tweening?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	57394  

Default Re: Animation question

My XX4 defaults to SWF6. Is that ok? Of feathering it said only SWF8 could display it.

Hi Nancy,

The 3 errors mentioning tween mean you have two different text objects with the same Name applied. Tweening cannot be used between different text objects. You can move a text object and tweening will create the intermediate frames between the locations so the animation is smooth. However it cannot tween changes in the text itself.

You could have two text objects with different names. Have one fades by becomimg more transparent between on frame and the next and one that becomes less transparent between those two frames to simulate a crossfade effect.

You can change which flash version is exported by clicking the Properites button along the top row of the Frames Gallery.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I named them two different names or so I thought I did. I will start this from scratch and see if I can get it right. I was following everything the video did. Always seems to take me twice as long to get things right as the average person, lol. Thanks for helping.

Nancy tweening requires the objects to have the same name. There are limitations to tweening though.

Text can be moved and/or resized or change colour, but the textual content cannot change.

Shapes cannot be changed in form, for example a circle to a square or any other shape.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The Flash error message about line caps and line ends is simple to fix, don't use lines.

If you do use lines, then open the Line Gallery (F12) and select Round Joins And Round Caps from the drop down lists.

XX的Flash功能一直没改进过(可能是因为是附带的模块未得到重视),支持的效果有限,只能应付一些简 单的Flash网页动画!有时正确的操作出来的效果也会出现莫名其妙的错误!!和3DMAX里的NURBS 一样是个不完善的功能

这些错误提示不影响动画输出的质量(糟糕的是导出Flash不出现错误对话框而画面出现抖动和跳帧的现象, 我以前经常遇到),下面是简单的动画效果(导出时出现错误提示,但是效果是正确的)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 卡丁人; 11 March 2009 at 06:36 AM.

不支持的效果太多了,严重限制了Flash的效果,下面是帮助文件的原文:
    So you can't use, amongst other things:

Any transparency type other than mix.
    Feathering.
    All complex graduated fills (conical, diamond, 3 color etc).
    All complex graduated transparency styles (as above). (You can use linear, and elliptical transparency on flat color filled objects.)
    Live Effects.
    The following object types will export in static Flash, but do not animate.

Soft shadows.
    Bevels.
    Contours.
    Blends.
    Moulds.

Thank you for the information on what will not animate. That will save me lots of time trying graphics that will not work.