Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question [Question] Theme Colors

1- Can a named color become a Theme color merely by changing the name to "Theme<space><digit>" ? If so is there a limited to how many Theme colors are in a .Web file?

2- Are there other syntax rules?

JC

Default Re: [Question] Theme Colors

There are no syntax rules.
    The theme colors are actually just a named colors. They can have any name you like. What makes them a "Theme color" is the fact that these same colors are used with all the objects in the design. So if you edit such color, you see the color change through out a design. That's it.
    John.

John:

I guess I should have asked: What then determines the Prompt, "Do You Want to Match Colors", if anything?

Just having identical Named Colored names, in the current .web page and those contained in the template being dragged onto that page? I assume Named Colors are not case sensitive.

JC

Yes. And I think they are case sensitive. Though I may be wrong.
    John.

The names ARE case sensitive/unique, by the way.

I've got a tag along question here.

The prompt "do you want to match colors" only happens when there are colors within your web page that have the same names as those that belong to the Design Gallery components that are being dragged in.

When I start my design with a blank web page, there are no named colors.

Dragging in the Firestorm header, brings in three named colors:
    Theme Color 1
    Theme Color 2
    Light Text
    Dragging in any other components from the Design Gallery that have those exact names (case sensitive), then I'm asked about matching colors.

If I rename any of those colors (to fit any standardized scheme I develop as a personal standard), then I am never asked about any sort of color matching. That's frustrating ... but I suspect that there must be some way to work around this. I'm going to be toying with this a bit. If any of you folks have some helpful ideas (in the meantime), I'm in a listening mood.

Assume that a graphic is brought into an existing .web file, introducing two new colors (this, because all color names were totally unique). Can I replace those two new named colors with a pair of [already existing] theme colors, and remove the two color placeholders that were just imported?

Thanks.