Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question [Question] BitMap (photo) Objects: auto update all occurances on same page

In the Introduction movie (which uses the Introduction template) they demo how replacing the bitmap fill with another bitmap from the BitMap (or Fill) Gallery automatically updates all instance of that fill in objects used on the same page.

I looked in Help but did not see any reference about this.

1- I understand how to do it, but HOW DOES IT DO IT and why couldn't something similar be done with vector objects so we'd basically have a 'sprite' /'component'/'symbols' (extremely useful when drawing diagrams with repeating graphical elements)?

2- What if there are two or more instances of objects with the same bitmap fill on the same page and you want to only update ONE of those with different bitmap fill? Is a there special key-combo to use when dragging from the Gallery onto the fill . . . or some other method?

JC
    Last edited by jclements; 10 March 2009 at 09:08 PM.
    IP

Default Re: [Question] BitMap (photo) Objects: auto update all occurances on same page

2- What if there are two or more instances of objects with the same bitmap fill on the same page and you want to only update ONE of those with different bitmap fill? Is a there special key-combo to use when dragging from the Gallery onto the fill . . . or some other method?
    Right-click the bitmap/photo you wish to change >> Optimise Photo. Then shift+drag will only replace THAT image and not all others.
    IP

Default Re: [Question] BitMap (photo) Objects: auto update all occurances on same page

Geez, Steve. You and Bill should start a trivia contest Thanks.

But seriously, it would be a fun way for people to learn the nity gritty. Do them as mulitple choice Polls.
    IP

Good thought - thanks
    IP

I tried with holding down the Shift key and that worked.
    IP

I may have misunderstood your original question in that case John, because when there are multiple copies of the same photo (as a photo or photo filled shape) on a page, shift+Drag will replace them all unless the 'optimise' trick is applied first..
    IP