Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by Rtruant View Post
    This really doesn't make sense. The browser places the site in the centre of the open window, regardless of how large the window is re-sized to. This is because the placement is dynamic based on the window width which is constanty recalculated. There must be a way through HTML to dynamically place the site in the centre dynamically regardless of window height. I've seen this done without margins. I'll have to peek into the HTML page code.

UPDATE: this can be done through CSS code, see this discussion.
    Rtruant how would CSS center top to bottom a 1024 high page correctly on a 768 high display? Reduce the size of the page? Squish things together?

Centering Horizontally is very easy most software creates that automatically for you. Vertical centering is difficult because of numerous variables. Only one of which is the maximum screen height, what happens when the browser is not open in full screen?
    Last edited by Soquili; 15 July 2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rtruant View Post
    Can't be done. When text is rotated 45 degrees, the area of the link button is the whole square area under the rotated text, buttons then overlap. The triangles were the only real solution.
    Rtruant,
    Maybe it's possible, although not all that easy? This method was mentioned here and used with irregular shapes for mouseover effect. I was able to adapt it to be clickable instead of a mouseover effect: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=38900&page=2
    I'm no expert, but it's effective when needed. Here's my sample: http://www.michiganimaging.com/Truant/ Hope this helps for next time
    IP

Pixelart,

Really...nice site. It loads fast, it's artsy enough to look designed, but not so much as to make navigation confusing, and it just generally looks good. The footer thing looks good and I like the different image on each page, especially since it is "faded in" (I just implemented something not-quite-as-pretty on a site I just did and actually came across a site referring to these as "footer mullets").

This site is a good example of how a Xara-made site can look like something made with anything else out there. It looks custom, balanced, etc.

You should be happy with your accomplishment.

With regards to the SEO, I think a lot of what you said is true. Different sites all work differently and how you want to focus your efforts will drive a lot of how you want to design the site. Your portfolio would have really been a huge page the way you had it before (not necessarily byte-wise, but content-wise). Also, it would have been impossible to track analytics at a portfolio page level, where as individual pages, they will each show up as vieed or not - if you see people look at pages 1, 2, and 3, but then almost no one moves forward from there, something probably needs to change to keep their attention, etc...

Also, having just done two "professional" sites, and having paid attention to details like page titles, wordings, file names, alt tags, etc, I am seeing (with a little patience) that they are showing up in the Google index now and they are getting excited because they were starting to not believe me when I would say "you have to be patient, it will show up when it shows up". Now they believe in the chaos that is SEO
    IP

Very constructive comments, slavelle. In particular, this comment made substantial sense:
    Also, it would have been impossible to track analytics at a portfolio page level, where as individual pages, they will each show up as vieed or not - if you see people look at pages 1, 2, and 3, but then almost no one moves forward from there, something probably needs to change to keep their attention, etc.
    Thanks.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Rtruant how would CSS center top to bottom a 1024 high page correctly on a 768 high display? Reduce the size of the page? Squish things together?

Centering Horizontally is very easy most software creates that automatically for you. Vertical centering is difficult because of numerous variables. Only one of which is the maximum screen height, what happens when the browser is not open in full screen?
    You would only use this if the page was smaller than most computer displays, 760X700 or smaller.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Rtruant,
    Maybe it's possible, although not all that easy? This method was mentioned here and used with irregular shapes for mouseover effect. I was able to adapt it to be clickable instead of a mouseover effect: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=38900&page=2
    I'm no expert, but it's effective when needed. Here's my sample: http://www.michiganimaging.com/Truant/ Hope this helps for next time
    That would work, but it would be more work that it's worth for my site.
    One tool I use to design a user interface is to try it out on naive people first. No one had trouble finding the links, it turned out to be intuitive.

It ain't broke, so I ain't fixin' it.
    IP

Hi all,

My new (not complete) upgrade of a site for a client.. I had to copy their old site and add a web cam! Fun.

Problem is that the old site has high search rankings and all the pages are exported as HTML not HTM.

I took care to name the pages the same in the new site but they are exported as htm...

Any way to export as HTML?

http://www.lookout.co.za

Thanks a mill
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by LindyJo View Post
    Any way to export as HTML?
    Name your additional pages: Web Properties>>Page>>Page filename
    Then when you export the site, name the first page index.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export-as-html.png 
Views:	526 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	64084
    IP

Default Well, I took your suggestions and updated our site

http://www.cleverlyinvite.com

I just need to create a photo gallery so that the gallery link works.

Any suggestions on improvement?
    IP

This thread is now closed.

Have you created a website with a Xara product that you'd like to share?
    Please post a link to your Xara created website in the Xara Web Gallery Forum.
    IP