Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Bug Re: Show us your sites!

I created this site at the request of my wife - my first effort in Web Designer, but hey - you get what you pay for, right? I know I've violated any number of best practices with this effort, but I'm new here![/
    Hello Dan and welcome to the excellent XWD forum. I agree with Sledger that you should be really pleased with such a neat, fast loading and easy navigable site.

Incidentally I like the font you used for the banner and ad on the Home page - can you tell me where to find it please?

Ray
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by dansharp View Post
    my first effort in Web Designer
    And a beautiful first effort it is too. Your site is testament to (a) the versatility and flexibility of XWD, and (b) your eye for a good design.

Welcome to TG.

Rich
    IP

Smile Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Note that your newly referenced site has a similar problem (of text contrast with button background). Buttons five through seven appear to be nonfunctional.
    not quite finished with the site, I double checked the Links, and the, contrast on the links is easy to see n my laptop and home computer, and I

thanks though, its always good to hear what other are seeing

-RodneyLee
    IP

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by gbpatriot View Post

Incidentally I like the font you used for the banner and ad on the Home page - can you tell me where to find it please?

Ray
    Sledger, Ray and Rich - Thank you all for your generous feedback! I work with a very talented designer, and he's been trying to teach me things along the way...

Ray, the font is called "Desigers" and can be found here at dafont.com. I made the banner and ad in Xara Xtreme Pro, an equally wonderful program for beginner folks like me.
    IP

Dan, your site is a valiant triumph for a first effort. I have to say, the story is heart-wrenching. You have presented some incredibly personal information in a very suitable manner. Well done!

James

Quote Originally Posted by dansharp View Post
    I'm a big fan of Xara, but an amateur at all this. I created this site at the request of my wife - my first effort in Web Designer, but hey - you get what you pay for, right? I know I've violated any number of best practices with this effort, but I'm new here!

I'm also brand new to forums...

http://www.researchroundup.org
    IP

Hi everyone on TG.. Just completed a site for a Police Department and I would love some feed back on it, if you wouldn't mind. I am by no means a design wizard as you will see, but I was happy the way it turned out and wanted to see what everyone else thinks....

Check it out here....

If you have any ideas for improvement, I am all ears....

Thank you in advance...
    RaZzLE
    IP

Hi razzle0146,

I'm from the UK, so the comments are subject to a few cultural differences.

If I were a citizen, I'd be really worried. According to the photo gallery, the station is deserted and there are no police left! I guess staff don't want to be identified, or something. For a public PR exercise I'd prefer to see some images of people rather than abandoned offices and locker rooms. For some reason the enlarged image can be seen behind the thumbnails, so something is wrong there.

I don't know where the logo comes from but I'm surprised it's associated with the police. It would look at home as the logo of a biker gang. With gun in hand, it doesn't make me think the police are too approachable.

I'll stop there. You certainly have a lot of things on the site.

Paul
    IP

Paul,
    Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. Let me clear some things up real quick...

As for the larger images showing behind the thumbnail.. Thats what it is supposed to do and that is where it is supposed to be located. As for the place looking deserted.. I agree, but they wouldn't let me put anyone in the photos. If it was up to me, then I would have them in there to, but that part wasn't up to me. Lastly, if you know anything about Law Enforcement, then you would have reralized that the top logo arm, is called the strong arm of the law. It represents all Law Enforcement and is respected as such, so nobody from the U.S. would think anything else.

I really do appreciate the feedback though...

Thank you...
    RaZzLE
    IP

Hi,
    My tfirst thought, as a Canadian was that the page referred to California the state, not a city in another state. But I have only been to Las Vegas and Reno. LOL
    Jim
    IP

Scotty,

It states on the very first page that it's a city....lol
    RaZzLE
    IP