Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Some nice sites people.

This site is still very much under development, but will be unleashed in a couple of weeks when I'm happy with it.

www.oasisjersey.org.uk/beta

Rich
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I posted my site in an earlier thread, but as I have made some changes I thought I'd post it here. www.goodmorningsunshineonline.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

I would love to know how you put in the music & controls. I have a web site that I did in Frontpage and want to redo it in Web Designer that has music and controls but I couldn't find any information on it.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Fritz - I think your layout is strong enough to work without all those yellow rectangles on the pages inside the site. For me they detract from the pages. I really don't think they are helping anything and suggest you try a version without them. Perhaps just keep the yellow rectangle associated with the footer. Hopefully you'll agree and enjoy the whitespace as much as I do.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Here's the update of my site.
    I have reconfigured the 'contact page' with CoffeeCup's Web Form Software thanks to wOOdy's suggestion in another post. I also added a calendar.

Thanks again XWD...couldn't have done it without ya (or, at least not as quickly

raescakes.com
    IP

Quite a festive site and big fun! One suggestion: perhaps you could try to sharpen some of the pictures (e.g., the bigger pictures on your home page) with the photo tool in XWD. Might make look things just a little bit more crispy (no pun intended).
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 April 2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg
    IP

First - nice job.

Second - I noticed two things:

1. It wasn't readily apparent to me that the pictures of the cakes on the "cakes" page linked to detail pages by categaory. Since there was a larger image to the left on hover, I thought that was "it". Maybe on the popup layers you could add a little note to the picture that says "click for more Holiday Cakes" or whatever.

2. On the cake detail pages, your pics must be pretty big or there are just a lot of them. The thumbnails come in ok, though with a little bit of poping in, but the hovers don't work on most of the pictures until after a significant waiting period, during which it pretty much looks "done". Have you "optimized" these pics to jpg instead of png? That would probably help. I really thought that you were still in the process of updating the site and those pics just all didn't have hovers assigned yet...

Hope that helps.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by preechrboy View Post
    Here's the update of my site.
    I have reconfigured the 'contact page' with CoffeeCup's Web Form Software thanks to wOOdy's suggestion in another post. I also added a calendar.

Thanks again XWD...couldn't have done it without ya (or, at least not as quickly

raescakes.com
    Sweet site Fritz :-)

I would consider sticking with one type of shadow. I think the wall shadow on the text is a bit distracting. Maybe change it to a drop shadow as you've used on your images, but not a big deal.

Otherwise nice.

Tom
    IP

Smile grissom and bitsy

Hi, here is my site that i put together in about 1 hour, it is our two pet cats grissom and bitsy. it is not huge, but hopefully grow in time.

http://grissomandbitsy.freehostia.com/
    IP

Default Re: grissom and bitsy

Quote Originally Posted by haanswors View Post
    ...it is our two pet cats grissom and bitsy.
    My wife and I enjoyed watching your 'feed time' video. Very funny.

Rich
    IP