Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replacing template photos/graphics

I am trying to replace a template photo using the drop and drag method, and am unable to drop the file anywhere on the document, however, I can import the image to the page. I thought that I would be able to drop the file onto the photo, and my image would replace the photo in the same dimensions. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by ktnsmtn; 10 March 2009 at 03:25 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Replacing template photos/graphics

So you can't drag a photo from your Windows File Explorer onto the WD page at all? Nothing happens at all? That would be very peculiar. Never heard of that problem before.

The import menu is a way of getting images into the program, but it imports them as separate photos. There is a way you can use these for existing pictures. Open the Bitmap gallery (top bar). This shows thumbnail of all photos used in your document, and provides some basic info about them. You can drag and drop from the Bitmap Gallery onto an existing photo and it will replace the one there.
    IP

Smile Re: Replacing template photos/graphics

Thanks Charles. I tried dropping from the bitmap gallery, and I can drag and drop photos that are currently in my webpage to replace other photos.

When trying to drop photos from my pictures using windows file explorer, I get the ( O with a slash symbol). I can drop and drap items to documents in Xara Extreme 4 Pro, so I don't understand why I can not do it in WD.

So what you suggest it to import my photos onto my webpage, so that they will show in my bitmap gallery, then select the photos from there to replace template photos? That should work, until I ifgure out what I am or am not doing properly, just requires an extra step or two. Thanks for your input.
    IP