Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default fluid page sizes

Hi,
    I would like to know where you insert the script for having a page automatically adjust for different browser size.
    i am running a 24" monitor and my browser automatically resizes. So when I preview my web pages I don't get the accurate representation in Webdesigner preview window.
    Jim
    P.S I thought I designed my page for 1024X768 but not sure how lookd on othr monitors.
    IP

Default Re: fluid page sizes

Absolute positioning isn't able to be dynamic at the same time.

I know of no way at this time to make a page designed in WD to stretch and reorder the layout according to the window size.

In other words, a 955pix web page will be 955 pix on all monitor resolutions.
    Bigger screens will just show more background.
    IP

Might your particular browser boast a setting or two that would control that behavior, Scotty?
    IP

Hi Scotty,

what you're asking for is a known limitation of Xara Web Designer's absolute position approach. There are currently no ways to use Xara Web Designer for such a task.

Remi
    IP

Hi,
    Ok I can live with that...I just thought it might be "do-able" with a script. while I'm here what is the browser appearane on the new IE 8 ( I think) or windows 7?
    Jim
    IP

The IE8 interface looks pretty much exactly the same as IE7 on Vista or W7.
    IP