I see Dreamweaver as too complex and controlling, for example by automatically assigning numbered styles. I saw my wife struggle mightily with it and eventually give up.

Suppposedly use of Dreamweaver is widespread enough that any web designer can use it. But I wonder if it isn't quicker in the long run to get designers to learn Namo and Xara WD than to lean on their existing knowledge of Dreamweaver and integration with other design programs.

In my base architecture page in WD I placed placeholders with <div>label</div> tags where I would want content. Opening the html page it generated in Namo I was able to identify easily the two divs. By pouring html code into these divs I got perfect pages. I had made the page deep enough to fit any likely content, and felt the blank space left at the foot of the page was acceptable. People will just stop scrolling when they reach the end of the content. The point was to use the coding generated by WD to create the architecture without needing separate coding.

In the htm file generated by WD there's a link to the associated graphic folder. I assumed I could put that folder anywhere, use an absolute link to the folder in the htm file and then place copies of that file anywhere--it would still find its graphics and script files etc. I didn't test this plan, a ".lock" file suddenly appeared and seemed to scupper my experiments.

Given the enthusiasm greeting WD I expect it will be extended to make uses like this easier.

Namo often gives me hard "&nbsp;" spaces for regular spaces in text. Know of a fix?