Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is a complex of sites a misuse of XD?

Sorry, I have missed your post yesterday.
    The background shift is made to synchronize background fill position relative to the page design during page centering and scrolling. In some cases users may want them match perfectly.
    It's done with a help of script. There's a rx() function assigned to the window.onscroll event. It does some tweaking for the rollover mechanisms, but it also adjusts background fill position based on current scroll and page position.
    The fill offset is set this way:

document.body.style.backgroundPosition=dx+'px 0px'

Where dx is a calculated required offset. Look into that function or ask me for more details.
    Hope it helps.
    John.
    IP

Default Centering background

Thanks, John.

As for faking up the drop-shadow effect around my centered panel for making up similar pages in Dreamweaver (or Namo Web Edior), I created small gifs to drop on the page in the required place to reproduce this effect. But I found Safari did not observe the style "background.center" I used, whereras I'm told explorer6 does not observe transparent pngs.

I'm trusting your solution will work with every browser.

Incidentally, the "Edit" mode of Namo Web Editor does not render the XWD page correctly ("Preview" is fine). Are there not likely to be some mobile browser that will similarly use a reduced set of rendering procedures like Namo's Edit mode, and fail to do due diligence to XWD files?

Thanks for your suggestion.

Shaun
    IP

Testing proved that WD produced pages are correctly rendered in following browsers:

Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8
    Firefox
    Safari
    Google Chrome
    Opera 9.x

On top of it, WD produces W3C copliant XHTML 1.0 Transitional code.
    John.
    IP

Shaun can you get XWD pages to edit in Namo? I would love to be able to combine the two in some way.

If I try and include a XWD html page into the site tree namo crashes and shuts down.

I took this to mean there is some incompatiblity. any suggestions?
    IP