Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Attach blogger blog to website?

Erm, I know that.

My question was, whether I have understood you correctly, that you're recommending the same way as Spinny.
    IP

You don't actually need something like CoffeeCup Blogger to use in this program, but it does work well with it and I tend to use it, because it is so easy to design it to fit exactly how you want it on the page.

The blog content is also very easily updated and can be done by just updating three or four files, instead of the whole site.

As already mentioned, it is a matter of taste, but I for one, am extremely pleased that the CC gadgets work so well in XWD.
    TJB
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

If you look at www.bobbyharris.com you can see the BLOG link and what's happening.

I tried putting <DIV> tags on either side of the code in the placeholder but it didn't create scroll bars.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

spoondolix, could you also post a link to such a website (XWD, integrated with CoffeCup Blogger) for us, please?

Thanks
    Remi
    IP

Bobby, see also this tips from John
    IP

Something that just occurred to me, so I figured I'd 'fess up: if you use the CC blogging software the content of your blog won't be visible to search engines. It's stored in an external file and loaded by the flash display code so the spiders won't see it.

Figured that would be important if you wanted your words of wisdom to show up in Google.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

It would seem to me that if the blog were your own, and you become (or expect to become) reasonably fluent in managing your site, blog entries should simply be entered as formatted text on a web page. If you want to run your entries chronologically/sequentially, then lengthen the page and simply add the text.
    IP

That is a very good point. What is blogging except making content for one kind of web page? The distinction probably doesn't need to be all that distinct, does it?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

With Blogger I can send an email with my entry and it automatically gets added to the blog.

The way I did it before with my DW site was to add the top menu to my blogger.com account settings and it automatically updated whenever a new post was made.

I just don't see a way to get my menu to add to the HTML in the template because XWD is adding so much stuff at the top and it doesn't allow me to expand the page on demand.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

remi,

could you also post a link to such a website (XWD, integrated with CoffeCup Blogger) for us, please?
    I have tested this with XWD and it works, but I do not have a website up yet using it.

I used the blog structure as in my current home web site. It looked just the same in my test with XWD.
    TJB
    IP