Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Very quick, but important question

Hey people!

I've started creating a website on Photoshop CS4.
    I'm almost finished, but have only NOW noticed that at the start of this project, when I went to File > New, I create a 1100 by 1100 px document: Too big for what I want it for.

My question is: Do any of you know if I can transfer my whole websites (I.e. All the layers/text etc) to another smaller document?

Thanks a lot.
    IP

Default Re: Very quick, but important question

Yes, I would re-size the original and save with a new name( or go to menu and duplicate) to safe guard your original here is how, just go to the menu and select Image-Image size-then tick the box Resample image-then choose the pixel number that you want and enter into the top box –width-height. That is all there is to it now all in that open file is re-sized.
    IP

You can also try this:

Open your psd file, go to file menu and select "save for web" in dialogue box choose optimization for you image..then click on "image size" tab. Here you can change the size as per your wish and automatically everything(i.e. all the layers/text etc) would be set as per size selected.

Mark,
    www.indovance.com
    IP

Unbelievable...

Thanks for all the replies people. Really appreciate it.
    However, someone in my family has turned off the computer from the plug. What a great time to discover that Photoshop CS4 doesn't have Auto-recovery mode.

Just my luck. Need to start the whole website again

I'm ****ed off.
    IP