Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pages background

Hi,
    How do you have the IE source incorporate a "tiling" background image?
    I tried editing the HTML code in notepad and inserting Background="imageName.jpg" but doesn't seem to work
    Jim
    IP

Default Re: Designer Pages background

Hi Scotty,

Using any additional code for background tiling is uneccessary in WD as tiling is taken care of directly withing the application.

Open the bitmap gallery, select a background image and press the 'Background' button.

If you have you own image, import/paste or drag and drop the image into the WD page then delete it.
    Open the bitmap gallery, select your image and press the 'background' button.

You now have a tiled image background to your page.
    IP

Hi Sledger,
    Thanks...i found it in help file...(shoulda checked there first) actually I did but my image didn't do as expected...so back to drawing board...
    Jim
    IP

No worries Jim,

However, having just played with page background fills for a short while I'm noticing anomalistic behavior with page background fills.
    Some do not tile the full window (past the page boundary) when used as a background while others do, even from the same background gallery.
    For example, in the Fabric Textures gallery, Canvas 1 does not tile the entire window background, where canvas 2 will.
    Carpets 1/2/3 do not fully tile and also hang a while before displaying in WD page preview.
    There is also an additional Carpet 2 texture in the same gallery (iow: two textures named 'Carpet 2')
    There are three textures named 'Denim 1' - the first two tile fully, the last (grey) does not.

I have not checked through all fill galleries

Even imported bitmaps used for fills seem to have their own mind - some will fill the entire background while others only the to the page boundary.
    At times I've had an imported bitmap fill the background, then next time the same bitmap fills only to the page boundary. It doesn't even seem to be related to bitmap type either.

Closing and reopening WD doesn't make any difference.
    I have reported this behavior as it smells like a bug..
    IP

Hi sledger,
    Yes if you got to the my post "My first designer page", that is the design I am working on my background was created using a bitmap background for the design elements but didn't work right for the background. So I created a full page rectangle with the desired look then exported to Photopaint and cropped, and used my own. and it worked.
    Jim
    IP

Instead of clicking on "Backround" button, try to Ctrl+Drag and drop over the page. This seems to work reliably.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    try to Ctrl+Drag and drop over the page. This seems to work reliably.
    I appear to be experiencing the exact same anomaly using Ctrl+Drag.
    I also see that after exporting such a page (where the background only tiles to the page boundary in WD 'preview') that Internet Explorer renders the site differently than the other browsers, that is to say, where IE shows the background tiled only to the page boundary (like WD preview does), the other browsers show the background fully tiled past the page boundary.
    IP

Yes Steve. It looks like some problem with your IE. The same html opened on my IE7 has a correct fill.
    John.
    IP

It looks that way, I'll upgrade to IE8 RC1 (which works fine with it on my laptop).
    IP

Ahem, oops - I actually have IE8 RC1 already installed on the main system after all. (Shows you how often I use IE doesn't it )

So, the problem exists in IE8 RC1 on this system but not on the Laptop with the same version of IE... Hmmm.......

(Checking for WUD's)
    IP