Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Make sure you backup - just lost hours of work

I see some discussions on backing up and thought I would pass on my experience with Web Designer.

I am creating a new website and got up to eight pages done. Worked out all the issues of learning a new program and everything worked as expected. One detailed page was a list of companies with a graphic for each and their contact details including a link to their website.

Today I realized I had missed a complete page and created a new page in the middle of the eight. Got some details on it and thought I would preview my full website. The page with the list of companies was completely corrupted. That is out of 9 companies, only 3 show now with big gaps in between. The others are gone completely from the working file.

The folder of resources for the project still contains all my graphics but the code in the project is now corrupted.

I did export the file to a place on the web so I can see the 'original' full page but my working .web file now creates something totally flawed.

I know it's my fault for trusting the program, but I thought I would warn others to do a lot of Save as... operations to keep a series of working files.

Love the program as with all Xara products but now its back to work on that detailed page.
    IP

Default Re: Make sure you backup - just lost hours of work

Hi Visimp,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

You can enable the automatic creation of a .bak file using the freeware application XaReg. Download the latest version from http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html

XaReg is the third item from the top of the page.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP