Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Mouseover to trigger 4 image flash rotation

I am new to both XX and Wed Designer (which I intend to use both standalone and also with EW2). I apologize in advance if this is question has been answered elsewhere but I have not seen it.

I want to place an image (4 actually) on a site with the user's mouseover causing the images to rotate. I can create a standard flash but I don't know how to create the mouseover effect. Can it be done in XX or Web Designer or is it a JS issue?

Thanks
    Gary

PS Great products and great help on this site!!
    IP

Default Re: Mouseover to trigger 4 image flash rotation

Hello Gary & welcome to TG. Yes it can be done quite easily. Create 4 Pop-up layers (pop-up1 thru to pop-up4) In each pop up layer place your rotating images. (You can use Xara3D to create these.) then on the mouseOff layer do the following for each thumbnail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!gif2.gif 
Views:	772 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	57369  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 10 March 2009 at 12:13 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hello Gary & welcome to TG. Yes it can be done quite easily. Create 4 Pop-up layers (pop-up1 thru to pop-up4) In each pop up layer place your rotating images. (You can use Xara3D to create these.) then on the mouseOff layer do the following for each thumbnail.
    Thank you Egg. I watched a good number of your videos before buying XX. I'm not sure if we're on the same page - I may also be having a senior moment in not understanding your reply.

I want to create one box that will contain 1 image and be replaced by 3 more that rotate in turn as long as the users mouse remains over the image. I have done that in XX and WD as Flash, but I want the rotation of the images to start with mouseon and stop with mouseoff.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    By the way I do not have a dialogue box that looks like yours. What is that from?

If you look at the .web file I uploaded it shows the 4 image animation. I only want that to animate when the user's mouse is over the graphic. I also want to go to a website when the mouse is clicked.
    Last edited by V12CatMan; 11 March 2009 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by V12CatMan View Post
    I am new to both XX and Wed Designer (which I intend to use both standalone and also with EW2). I apologize in advance if this is question has been answered elsewhere but I have not seen it.

I want to place an image (4 actually) on a site with the user's mouseover causing the images to rotate. I can create a standard flash but I don't know how to create the mouseover effect. Can it be done in XX or Web Designer or is it a JS issue?

Thanks
    Gary

I have made a mouse over and mouse of button;.
    With xara webdesigner , i learning it .

Last edited by Soquili; 10 March 2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added UBB code to embed flash
    IP

Very nice pulsing button Nicola.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Nicola - thanks. I downloaded your .web and added more frames. I can get the images to rotate when the mouseover occurs but the rotation does not (always) stop when the mouse is taken off the image, which is what needs to happen.
    Thanks.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by V12CatMan View Post

Thanks
    Gary

Here are some that i try to make , i have let the transparentie on 80 % , so you can anderstand it.
    I hope it wil help.
    IP

Thanks Nicola. That did help. I need to study it more to fully understand it. It seems to be mid-way between layers and animation. Egg - this would make for a good video
    IP

I think have fond a solution .
    Doin a mouseover effect , in xwebdesigner.
    On the Mouseover layer draw a rectangle the same size as the first fram image as the flash movie.
    Then select the rectangle on the mouseover layer and /link /placeholder / flash
    Choose your flash movie , and it works.
    On the first frame you must set the link of that image to a link or # .
    IP