Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thumbs up Saving Site Backups...

One benefit I like about using Xara-WD is the simplicity of keeping backups.

For example, if I've designed & published a site using Xara-WD and subsequently want to make changes I can open the site's .web file, do a "Save As..." including the current date in my file name, and modify & published the file as I want. The original .web (previous version) is saved locally and can be subsequently opened, republished or exported if ever needed. Of course this is all just standard file management stuff -- that's the benefit. This work flow allows me to archive past site versions of the design file without needing to save the actual site with its html, CSS, or graphics. Instead, for each version I have the relatively small .web file that can be simply opened to efficiently provide me the whole site.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Info Re: Saving Site Backups...

Ross - If you use Bill and Steve's freeware XaReg (Xara Xone Shareware page), you can opt to automatically backup your site each time you save it. It does not overwrite the previous backup so if you have a large site, it might make sense to delete some of the older BAK files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bak.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	57334  
    IP

Default Re: Saving Site Backups...

I was under the assumption that all the different index_2.htm, index_3.htm, etc., were all backups of the original index file. Am I wrong? (Obviously I have NOT been reading the docs like I should, just playing with the prg itself.)
    Hmmmmmm, I have eleven pages so far and I now have up to index_11.htm. Maybe they correlate to the pages?
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Default Re: Saving Site Backups...

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Hmmmmmm, I have eleven pages so far and I now have up to index_11.htm. Maybe they correlate to the pages?
    Yes. Every singe htm file is a separate page of the exported site. By default they are given a names with number added to the name of the first page. But you can override their names in web properties dialog.
    John.
    IP