Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [Suggestion] Enable "New View" to be used somehow

This is probably Pie-In-The-Sky but why not ask?

I guess this would be sort of a hybrid between a popup layer and popup photo. It could eliminate having to rescale objects on a popup layer and perhaps even be an alternative to a popup layer.

1- Create a new layer. Create a new view. Some how associate that view with the layer.

or

2- Have another option on the Link and on the Mouse-over tabs of the Web Properties Dialog for "Store a View"
    Last edited by jclements; 08 March 2009 at 08:37 PM.
    IP

Default Re: [Suggestion] Enable "New View" to be used somehow

A View in WD/Xtreme is not a separate element in the document. It is just another window (well, view actually ) which shows you exactly the same document with all the same objects but it can have different viewing settings like, panning, zoom e.t.c. It's not even saved within the document so it definitely can not be exported as something special, neither it can be referred by other objects.
    John.
    IP

Default Re: [Suggestion] Enable "New View" to be used somehow

I see.

I was hoping that there could be a "VIEW" / "SNAPSHOT" property (as is done in Google Earth) developed which would tell XWD to rasterize a specific view of a named object/group/softgroup.

To do this you'd at least have to enable XWD (and Xara) to save views with the file (which still might be useful at anyrate). You could also use it, then, to create animations involving different pans and zooms.
    Last edited by jclements; 09 March 2009 at 02:20 PM.
    IP