Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Video Player HTML code

A relative path would be relative from where you called the video from. So in your case you have the main page in Anothersite so it would be relative from there: "index_htm_files\rocksc hoolbanner.swf".
    IP

The relative path is the location of the site files (and folders) in relation to the folder where the index.htm resides.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Deans\anothertest\index_htm_files\rockschoolbanner.swf

anothertest (root folder)
    -------|_ index.htm

--------------|_ index_htm_files (folder)
    ---------------------|_ 0.png
    ---------------------|_ 1.png
    ---------------------|_ default.css
    ---------------------|_ movie_test.swf
    ---------------------|_ png.js
    ---------------------|_ roe.je

Blue = root folder
    Red = relative path

edit: Andrew beat me to it
    IP

yipppeeeeeee

I've finally figured it out. My video and banners all work in the same page.

Used this code on the html output placeholder for the flash (.swf) banner ads instead of replace with flash placeholder.

<OBJECT classid= "clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=70> <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="rockschoolbanner.swf">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=medium> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000>
    <EMBED src="rockschoolbanner.swf" quality=medium bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

Thanks to everyone who helped with this. It's been a almost a week of pure frustration.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 March 2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: disable smilies (spoiling code)
    IP

Sorry guys

Didn't see your replies. But thanks, now I know how to determine the relatibe file path.

I'll try the <iframe ........... code as well to see how that works.

Is it likely that xara will update this error (not being able to use different placeholder functions) in there patch releases?
    IP

Where's the error? Please explain.
    John.
    IP

edit: Andrew beat me to it
    But your was better
    IP

Hi Covexor

Maybe an error isn't the best description. But i'm refering to the fact you can't use the replace with flash placeholder if you want to use the html out placeholder somewhere else in the site.

Or is this an obvious thing that XWD wouldn't be able to do this?

Thanks
    Dean
    IP

What do you mean you can't? You can have as many placeholders of every type as you want. If this doesn't work for you, please show me the document that demonstrates this problem.
    Thank you.
    John.
    IP

Hi Covexor

Here is the .web file that I couldn't get to work whilst using html output and replace with flash in the same site.

Look at the placeholder settings for the small rectangle in the header and the big black square next to the text. The first is a banner ad the secong is a video player.

Only one will work at a time using these settings. They only both work if using appropriate code for the banner as well.

I believe Egg and Sledger found this to and thats why they forward an iframe snippet to use on the banner but i couldn't get that to work either.

Have a look and see what you can do

Cheers
    Dean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Well, this document produces correct html with both "rockschoolbanner.swf" and the "movie.wmv" embedded correctly. If you provide these files, it should work without any problems.
    John.
    IP