Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Video Player HTML code

Dean please try exporting the attached .web file

Change nothing but your source .wmv to movie.wmv and place it in the same folder as the index.htm

This should play (locally) in IE7/IE8/FF3/Opera 9.63/Chrome 1.0.154.48 and Safari 3.2.1 as it does here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

That's very neat, works for me fine as well.

If you change the movie.htm string to be
    index_htm_files/movie.wmv

and you store the movie in the index_htm_files folder, then that will get uploaded to to your server when you publish.

Although it has to be said the WMV movies are really not the best way to distribute movies nowadays (because not everyone has a reliable WMV player), and the newer Flash movie formats (.mp4) are better quality, smaller files, and use Flash which is a lot more common (and works on all platforms). We use JWPlayer which is a nice Flash player.
    IP

Hi Sledger

You'll never believe it but it worked. I exported your .web file put the video in the root folder and renamed it movie.wmv. Opened the index.htm and the video played straight away.

So whatever you did worked.

Now then... When I copied exactly the same code into my placeholder in my .web document, renamed the file movie.wmv etc etc it still didn't work.

Now i'm really baffled. I did exactly what you did but my site still won't play the video. The only thing I can think of is that I first started creating this site in Xtreme as a .xar file and maybe its stopping me exporting certain things?

I'm at work at the mo but when I get home this evening i'll upload the first page of my site as a .web for people to play with.

Thanks again
    IP

Ok here is the .web file as promised.

I've sent the whole site as when I copied the home page to a new document all the laers were removed and love of the links / rollovers worked.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

me again

Think i've sussed it.

I believe i've not been using the layers correctly. After reading the help files I should be using the mouse off and mouse over layers. I was using Layer 1 as I had copied everything in from a .xar file.

So i'm off to layer, soft group and rename everything.

Aaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Thanks to all those with input and help.
    IP

Ok.

I sort of have it working but not.

I went completly back to scratch using names, softgroups mouse off mouse over etc. But the video still would not play.

So I went bacwards. Starting with the video file which I knew worked after sledgers help (thanks steve). I than added logo, header, nav bar and then the FLASH banner (.swf) in my header.

As soon as I added that the it would stop the video from playing. Its like it overides it.

I've tried puting the place holder on a different layer to the flash banner but that didn't work.

Anyone know of a work around for this?

Thanks
    Deanx
    IP

Deanx,

I tried adding a swf file to Sledgers working copy and it seems to disable the video somehow.

But emailing him on a similar manner he kindly produced some code that worked and it might also work for you.

Code:
    <iframe src=http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/index_htm_files/movie_test.swf width=320 height=280 scrolling=auto frameborder=0></iframe>
    In the above case it loaded a swf file with a video in it (The problem I was having was the video played fine but the controls went awol) I think you should be able to modify your XWD files to enable both your video and swf banner to live happily on the same page. ie put your videos on your site and call them using the iframe code, or call your swf via this method.

EDiT: It will work okay in a browser however.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 11 March 2009 at 12:26 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hi Egg and thanks for your contribution to this problem. I've been strugling for several days now.

I didn't realise I wouldn't be able to use a replace with flash and a replace with html output in the same website. It looks like if I want to use the very simple and excellent replace with flash place holder function I can't use the html output placeholder function anywhere else in the site.

Anyway your ans sledgers iframe code worked (as in I can see you flash menu). I've changed scrolling to no as it doesn't need it. The only thing is my .swf is still on my C:\ drive (local hard drive) so i tried replacing

http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/index_ht...movie_test.swf

with

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Deans\anothertest\index_htm_files\rocksc hoolbanner.swf

but that didn't work???

Any other suggestions???

Thanks
    Dean
    IP

Don't use the full path, use relative paths. Then it will work.
    IP

Hi sledger

Sorry for being a little naive but what would be the relative path?

I've gone through pretty much every combination i think?

the complete file path on my drive is

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Deans\Anothersite\index_htm_files\rocksc hoolbanner.swf

Sorry to keep bugging you mate

Dean
    IP