Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Video Player HTML code

Hi all

Sounds like you lot haven't stopped fiddling with WD all weekend either.

The site I created in Xtreme 4 opened with WD almost perfectly bar a few layer issues. Since then i've tweaked and tweaked and still keep finding new stuff and being able to open anything from WD in Xtreme as a .xar file gives endless possibilities.

Anyways. My question.

Can I view placeholder html code locally or do I need to upload to a server first?

I've saved all my video files as wmv, mpeg and flv put them in the index_htm_files folder, i've tried code for each format from numerous sites but none seem to work. I get all the players to show up but no file is present.

Here is the code am currently attempting

<object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" width="350" height="350" codebase="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/">
    <param name="Filename" value="Jimmy Lesson riff 1.wmv">
    <param name="AutoStart" value="false">
    <param name="ShowControls" value="true">
    <param name="BufferingTime" value="2">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true">
    <param name="AutoSize" value="true">
    <param name="InvokeURLs" value="false">
    <embed src="Jimmy Lesson riff 1.wmv" type="application/x-mplayer2" autostart="0" enabled="0" showstatusbar="1" showdisplay="1" showcontrols="1" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,0,0,0" width="350" height="350"></embed>
    </object>

the file is "Jimmy Lesson riff 1.wmv" an is on my C\: drive. Do I need to include that or shoul it just find the file?

wow thats a long one so thank you and sorry.

Deanx
    IP

Default Re: Video Player HTML code

I have not tried WM embedding, but in your code the path to your vide file is missing. It can't work unless you export your site to the same directory that contains the movie.
    John.
    IP

Hi

By file path you mean

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Deans\Website 5\index_htm_files\Jimmy Lesson riff 1.wmv

Or not?

Thanks
    Deanx
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Deanx View Post

I've saved all my video files as wmv, mpeg and flv put them in the index_htm_files folder
    Hi Dean, put them in the root folder (with the index.html) rather than the index_htm_files folder.

Working fine here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	embed_movie.png 
Views:	377 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	57320  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 March 2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: attachments
    IP

NOTE: Web Designer 'preview' mode won't show the movie actually playing.
    You can export the site to a local folder (with a copy of the movie.wmv) and test from there before you upload (or publish) to your server.
    IP

Hi Sledger

Thanks for that i'll give it a go now.

I moved the file to the root folder as said earlier but it still doesn't work. I don't use WD preview anyway.

Thanks again
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Deanx View Post
    I moved the file to the root folder as said earlier but it still doesn't work. I don't use WD preview anyway.
    Actually you said "I've saved all my video files as wmv, mpeg and flv put them in the index_htm_files folder" which isn't the right place as I've tried to illustrate.
    Unless there is something wrong with your source file or browser setup, the media should play?
    IP

Hi Sledger

Sorry to say but it didn't work.

The media player is there in the correct size with all the controls but it just will not play the file.

It must be something to do with viewing locally i'm sure.

Thanks
    Dean
    IP

I can't think why it's not working for you Dean it seems quite strange because following the instructions I posted, I have no problems with viewing locally in any browser.

Have you tried different media files and/or types?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 March 2009 at 09:01 PM.
    IP

Think we've got our wires crossed here.

I meant I've now placed the .wmv file in root folder the as you suggested. ( I did have them in index_htm_files folder).

I've got FLV, WMV and MPEG versions in an attempt to get at least one of them working.

Thanks
    IP