Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Video Player HTML code

Hi john

Yes it looks ok in XWD but both don't wotk in a browser not together anyway.

I have sent you the one where "rockschoolbanner.swf" is exported using the replace with flash placeholder haven't I?

I've attached a smaller version of the "rockschoolbanner.swf" but cannot upload the "movie.wmv" as its to big.

Thanks
    Dean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Dean,

Your .web file works perfectly fine for me in all browsers.

I used your rockschoolbanner.swf and my own movie.wmv placed in the root folder (NOT the index_htm_files folder)
    I made no changes to your .web file, just exported to .htm

Look here
    IP

Hi Steve

I have it working now. I just can't get it to work whilst using a flash placeholder for the "rockschoolbanner.swf" I had to use the html output placeholder and the macromedia code shown in my thread earlier.

It must be my laptop??? I'm gonna put WXD on the desktop tomo and see how that exports.

My "movie.wmv" is in the root folder with index.htm etc. My "rockschoolbanner.swf" is in the index_htm_files and i've tried every configeration in between.

There are other issues i'm having which I started another thread for.

Thanks trying I do appreciate it, i'm either missing something right under my nose.
    IP

I'd be surprised if it were anything to do with your laptop.
    Have you updated to the latest Adobe flash player ?

Both .swf and .wmv should be in the root folder (following what you had set in your attached .web file)
    As I said, I changed nothing in your .web file and it worked fine.
    IP

Where's the error? Please explain.
    Hi John, this threads getting slightly fragmented but what I think the problem is, is with the preview.

If you download Steve's embed_movie.web and preview it, the video is viewable. However if you then add a placeholder for a swf file the preview no longer displays the video.

Is this what others are encountering?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I see both playing well exporting the original web file uploaded here. The swf has to be placed into the files _folder, because the flash placeholder embedding system automatically copies swf file there when you select it in the dialog. It is aslo copied into the "web_files" folder along with the web design file in case you will reexport site in future. The wmv file has to be placed along with the index.htm as this path is entered in the placeholder.
    As I say, exported html has correct embedding code so I can't see any error on the program side. If the correctly embedded content doesn't play, there may be other reasons for this, like wrongly located files, wrong player version, special embedding requests (some swf files require flashvars to be set correctly) e.t.c.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Is this what others are encountering?
    Not so far...
    IP

Morning!

Think i've opened a right can of worms here. Just to make it clear I not in anyway slating XWD its an amazing programme purchased after such enjoyment using Xtreme 4. I am genuinely stuck and have posted a thread in order to recieve help from designers, developers, moderators and users etc.

Although new to web and graphic designs, my actual occupation is an IT Technician for Nuclear Lisenced Sites, so It's not that im a newbie to computers who doesn't understand the basics of computing.

I honestly can not get the html output placeholder to work if I have a replace with flash placeholder on my site. I can have either or ivor but not both. I have tired the exported html files on different systems, browser versions, shockwave versions etc and spent 8 hours plus every night for the last week trying different configerations.

I just don't know why it won't work on my computer using this method.

It's not a huge problem anymore as I have found an alternative (using the html placeholder throughout) which displays both my video and flash banners correctly.

Hope this clears things up a little.
    IP

Hello Dean.
    No cans no worms here.
    If you work in IT then you have to understand that if there is error spotted, we have to fix it. And to fix it we have to at least be able reproduce this error. This is why I'm asking questions.
    If you have not malfunctioning example on the web it could help us to figure out what went wrong. The web file you provided works well so we have to look for a problem source starting from the wrong output that you've got.

We appreciate your help in finding errors in our product.
    Thank you.
    John.
    IP