Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: bitmap mold

Default bitmap mold

A simple easy bitmap curve function would be lovely.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: bitmap mold

I am not sure if I understand this request! Is it a brush which could be selected from a variety that are supplied or that you can use either PS or PSP brushes in Xara?
    Design is thinking made visual.

He mean exactly bitmap mould Albacore
    No brushes no other shits...

yep I agree, would be great to have such a function
    to can deform bitmaps in some custom ways will be really usefull
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

I used to think this was needed for Xtreme too, but to be honest an easier to use tracer, converting bitmap to vector, would probably be a better solution, preserving edit-ability and freedom from resolution restraints.

I find the present tracer too complicated and hit and miss, I can spend hours fiddling with the settings.

Is it possible to swap tracer settings between users? If so, a collection of custom settings would be a useful resource.

I have often thought it would be convenient to have a mould tool for bitmaps. I have the work around of converting bitmap to a vector by using the bitmap tracer. This is to date acceptable for my uses. However, I can see how this would not be a suitable work around for other artists who need a better quality rendering. For the small bits I use the quality is not crititcal, but for others it might be.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

A complete update of the mould tool would be ideal really, allowing more than 4 points, movement from points inside the mould and not just on the edge, and it to work on bitmaps too.