Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Form Builder for Web Designer

First of all, I would like to say how IMPRESSED I am with Web Designer. I am just AMAZED at what it can do. To say I am blown away by it is an understatement.

I would like to congratulate Charles and all of his staff on the launch of this state-of-the-art software. I would also like to thank John (Covexer) and all the other great people here at TG for all their help, support and advice.

I've been doing a lot of testing and the only thing left on my list is to find a good Form Builder that I can incorporate into Web Designer.

I have checked out Coffeecup and JotForm that were recommended here, but want to continue investigating to see what else is out there.

Before I begin my search, is there anything specific that a Form Builder needs to have in order to be compatible with Web Designer?

Default Re: Form Builder for Web Designer

Actually, I am looking around for the same thing (form maker)
    I think web designer is great, however i couldnt put any forms like coffecup makes....If you can find any solution to that, i would be appreciated if you inform me...

thanks

Coffeecup should work, you might have to upload some code and paste some code - have not used it in awhile and just saw that they improved it.

If you want an awesome form builder I'll let you in on one of my (formerly) secret weapons - www.formspring.com --- awesome form builder --- I haven't used it with XWD yet but have with Serif WPX2 and several CMS platforms and it works great. Has conditional logic built in, even has security options and Paypal integration...there are a few others --- zoho.com has one now along with really nice versions of every sort of web based (saas) tool from CRM to invoicing - but of them all, Formspring has been my favorite (and no, I do not work for them). I'll give Coffeecup a shot just to see if it works and will do the same with Formspring and Zoho...

btw, another killer product that is very low cost --- www.editgrid.com --- spreadsheet and data tool --- but you can push live data through web pages and such.

megadoc,

Thanks for the info on your "secret weapons"; I promise not to tell anyone.

BQ

Coffeecup form builder is very good. We use it a lot. Can recommend.

Yep, I use use Coffeecup form builder too. Very easy and quick. Downside, it uses Flash. Upside, it's a one-off purchase.

Formspring looks good, but expensive.

I agree, Formspring looks good but is quite expensive. You probably get what you pay for, but I'm looking for a less costly application. I also like coffecups one-off purchase price so they are at the top of my list so far.

Coffeecup works OK.... http://www.bostoninternet.co.uk/index.htm

It's also easy to match the size of the form to that of the placeholder.

You get see the specs here: http://www.coffeecup.com/form-builder/
    Last edited by w00dy; 08 March 2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Addendum
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Woody,
    Thank you for the link to the site designed with Web Designer that has the Coffeecup form. I like how it sizes to fit the placeholder. Looks very professional on the page. I've downloaded the trial version so I'll be testing it sooon.

Woody,

I'm testing Coffeecup form. How did you get the form to size to Web Designer's placeholder?

BQ

edit: I did change the width and height in 2 places in the html code that was created by Coffeecup, but that didn't help.
    Last edited by BQ; 08 March 2009 at 07:12 PM.