Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Menu Maker in Web Designer

It also looks like some of my layer management had gotten sloppy, perhaps it was being hidden from something from above.

Let's hope it keeps working!

Thank you all for the great tips. This is a fantastic forum, quite impressed so far.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hello Bruce,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The two attached .zip files contain a Web Designer .web file for a test page using a Webstyle menu with dropdowns and the Webstyle project that created the dropdown menu.

In the Webstyle project I created the menu and had the graphics saved in a subfolder named graphics.

In Web Designer I made a test page and put in a placeholder object where the menu will be. I copied the line from the Webstyle .htm file to put in the placeholder. I copied the xaramenu.js file from the webstyle created folder to the Web Designer created folder. I also copied the graphics subfolder.
    Bill - many thanks for the Zipped files and guidance - I worked through everything and located my problem.
    I now have multi level Webbstyle Nav Bars working ok, but the challenge is to work on my own designs.
    I did attach a PDF file to a Webstyle Nav Bar but after several tries, found that I had to upload the site before it became active.

I would now like to change the colors of the website page scroll bar which is easy in HTML but I so far I am unable to make any of the available scripts work using the placeholder system. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thak you again for your kind help - much appreciated.

Bruce have you tried using your scrollbar colour code in the .css file rather than within a placeholder?

The default.css file is in the index_htm_files foler, assuming you are using index.htm as the filename of your primary page.

You can use any plain text editor like notepad to edit the css file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

ScrollBar Generator
    (I haven't tried intergrating this in WD as this isn't W3c compliant as far as I know)

Remember that all non-IE based browsers do not support the CSS scrollbar property attributes.
    So coloring them will only be seen in IE (proprietary markup).

On a different note...

Is there a way I can control the direction of the drop down sub menu's?

I'm getting a submenu going off the page. Looks like there's a justify button but on my program, it's not selectable.

Here's a pic to illustrate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu going off the page.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	57966  

Is your menu maker nav bar code set in a placeholder?
    If so, does the placeholder extend past the page boundary in WD?

I don't have Menu Maker so cannot test this.
    Perhaps you could attach your .web file?

See also my post in the other thread regarding your drop down menus
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...=36835&page=13

Now I'm having trouble! I've created a nav bar in WebStyle, saved everything in the root folder (left image) then created the place holder (right image) but nothing is showing. What stupid thing am I overlooking?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	57972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	57973  

Nicky (hope that's your name

I had a similar thing happen,

Check what layer your placeholder is...I had mine on the mouse down layer...DOH!!!

Or create a new layer that's at the top of the heap and set that for your repeating objects...I was so frustrated when I learned that I was doing something so silly.

Hope it's something easy like that for ya, I can see how one can burn hours on web design but it's sure fun!

Nicky (hope that's your name)
    I've been called worse! lol!

Check what layer your placeholder is...I had mine on the mouse down layer...DOH!!!
    Thank you. I get stuck over the simplest things, I had the placeholder on the MouseOver layer.. What was that about DOH!?

... moving swiftly on.... *whistles*...

Yeah!!!

I finally offered something of use here finally instead of all the questions that I have...

So what is your name, I just guessed based on your user name.

I've got a TON to learn about this stuff but I do love to use MenuMaker.

Seems as if it would be nice to have that sort of plugin type useability here in WD. I'm not interested in trying to create all that stuff from scratch as that's over my current level of Xtreme knowledge.