Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Menu Maker in Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by rickasaurus View Post
    Alternatively, a similar menu maker could be fully integrated in XWD. In my opinion this would be far preferable to the existing way of trying to make a complex menu in XWD.
    I agree, that XWD needs a much more intuitive method of creating complex menus.

Hi - I have no problems importing a menu bar from Webstyle using the method suggested in BQ's post of 8th March but I cannot import functional sub menus. Am I missing additional script or would anyone provide some guidance - any assistance much appreciated - from a learner - Bruce

Hello Bruce,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The two attached .zip files contain a Web Designer .web file for a test page using a Webstyle menu with dropdowns and the Webstyle project that created the dropdown menu.

In the Webstyle project I created the menu and had the graphics saved in a subfolder named graphics.

In Web Designer I made a test page and put in a placeholder object where the menu will be. I copied the line from the Webstyle .htm file to put in the placeholder. I copied the xaramenu.js file from the webstyle created folder to the Web Designer created folder. I also copied the graphics subfolder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hello,

I've tried adding my menu from menu maker into XWD as shown in the first post, but can't get it to appear for some reason.

I'm using the trial version of MM - could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks

Warren

Hi Warren,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The trial version is fully functional. All features work, after the trial period ends the program will not start if you have not entered an unlock code you receive when you purchase.

In addition to copy and paste the line of code you also must copy the files from the MenuMaker created folder to the Web Designer created folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Warren,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

In addition to copy and paste the line of code you also must copy the files from the MenuMaker created folder to the Web Designer created folder.
    Thanks Bill.

Still can't get it to work.

All the files were saved in the same folder where the index.web file resides. I've not exported to an html file yet - do I need to do that first?

Frustration reigns with this - I've been screwing around with this for over an hour. I'm sure there is something pretty basic I'm missing here...

Warren in Web Designer export to website. Until you do that a temporary location is used so your MenuMaker files will not be present.

Once you have the folder set by exporting you can then copy the MenuMaker files to that folder. Further export and preview will use your export folder so all updates will be in the correct folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I saw in the Menu Maker forum that you need to use the entire line in Dreamweaver:

<script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script menumaker src="menu_.js"></script>

I noticed in the first post of this thread that it's only supposed to be:

<script menumaker src="menu_.js"></script>

I've tried both without success...

Warren are you making a placeholder object in Web Designer?

The attached image is a collage representing a workflow I used just now.

1. MenuMaker used to create a navbar and saved to a folder.
    2. Web Designer used to create a test page with a placeholder object.
    3. Exported test page to a folder.
    4. Copy the folder from the MenuMaker saved navbar project to the Web Designer folder for the test page.
    5. Copy the line from the MenuMaker created .htm file for the script tag and path to the files and paste into the Placeholder tab for the website properties for the placeholder object.
    6. Preview the website.

The attached .zip file contains the folder for my Web Designer test page. The .web file is also there along with the menumaker files in the graphics subfolder.

Open the .web file and examine the placeholder object and the website properties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm2wd.gif 
Views:	329 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	57715  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You need to make sure the path to the navbar files is exactly correct. I found the neatest way is to put all the files inside a "navbar" folder, and put this folder inside the "index_htm_files" folder created by XWD.

So my typical script from Webstyle inside the HTML box on the placeholder is like this:

<script Webstyle4 src="index_htm_files/hnavbar/graphics/horiz_navbar.js"></script>

It works perfectly every time and is definately the best way to put a drop-down navbar in XWD at the moment (in my opinion!)

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!