Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: [TIP] How to re use a placeholder

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    I do have one question: how can I make the videos autoplay when each button is clicked instead of having the video come up and then having to click the play button?
    Thanks!
    Remove the greyed out code and add &autoplay=1 to the embed code as shown below

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ljPWLqHD-U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ljPWLqHD-U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As for the flickering, I can't say without studying your .xar. But I think the javascript my_open/my_close lines are the problem.

Thanks. With the javascript my_open/my_close lines, it corrected the flickering. I'll try the autoplay=1 next.
    It's working correctly now.

Jim

sledger,
    Finally finished the page: http://www.bluewatersportsmansassoci...wboyalbum2.htm
    All videos open and close (and autoplay) properly. Thanks for all your help.

Jim

Good stuff Jim...

sledger,
    Can this system of having the youtube videos open and close by javascript be used on more than one page within a website?

Jim

No reason why not.

sledger,
    Just thought I would check. I made another page with 5 videos and for some reason the first page stopped working correctly. Appears something got corrupted, I spent 2 hours re-naming and modifying and it still wouldn't work. Had to delete the layers and remake everything then it worked OK. Thanks.

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Sledger, I wanted to try and use this technique with several Picasa albums.

I tried using the <embed> code in the link but that didn't do it. Am I going to have to add something to make this work?

Basically a link to the picasa gallery's slideshow is what I'm trying to do.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

Hi Bobby,

Try this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picasa-slideshows.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	66182  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Using the <iframe> html tag in a placeholder it's quite straight forward to create a page that can re use a placeholder to display selectable resources.

Here I've show how to I've re used a placeholder to play a selection of embedded YouTube videos at any size.
    Sledger,

I need your help to do a page with different videos playing in one window. I want just one window for the flash player that plays different videos according to selection. Attached is the page. I hope you could understand what I mean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exemple.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	66346