Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: [TIP] How to re use a placeholder

covoxer/sledger,
    I've used your examples for multiple YouTube videos successfully on several websites. But I can't get it to work on a popup layer. Can you tell me how it's done? I would like to be able to click a choice of buttons and have a popup layer appear with the associated video on it.
    Thanks!

Jim

Jim, this example may set you in the right direction?

ONLINE EXAMPLE

No, what I use is this iframe:

<iframe name=videosm src=# scrolling=no frameborder=0 height=100% width=100% bgcolor=#000000>Video Window</iframe>

With a button that links to a YouTube video and opens in the iframe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=_5bFW0cNuyw

Is that possible?

Jim, for a popup layer with a youtube vid, why not just use the embed code provided by youtube?

See my previous link, this is how I've done this. No need for an iframe for this.

Have a look at the attached file Jim.

Is this what you are after?
    Attached Files Attached Files

sledger,
    That's almost (99%) exactly what I was trying to do. I modified it somewhat and I'll send you the link tomorrow after I add it to the page. I was trying to modify what I had used before but it wasn't the embedded data. My current version required a placeholder on the page for the videos to display, this modified version doesn't. Here's what I'm currently doing: http://www.bluewatersportsmansassoci...com/combat.htm
    Thanks a bunch!

Jim
    Last edited by jimhanus; 18 September 2009 at 01:01 AM.

sledger,
    I've added the popup tweak and it works great. Here's one link: http://www.bluewatersportsmansassoci...om/handgun.htm
    I like the idea of the button to close the popup layer as I've had clients ask me how to close a layer with a calendar etc. on it. They didn't try just clicking somewhere on the page, just got mad because it wouldn't go away! I have another page it will be added to also.
    Thanks,

Jim

Sledger,
    One problem I'm having: the videos stack up on top of each other and only close with the close video button. I'm getting some weird actions on the screen if each button is pushed while the other video is playing. Any suggestions?

Jim

Can you attach your .xar/.web Jim?

sledger,
    No I can't, it's over 15MB. I'm trying a variation of the flv-player-popup, that's where I have the problem. The popup-youtubes-1.xar works OK and I may just go back to that. This page right now has the problem: http://www.bluewatersportsmansassoci...wboyalbum2.htm. Mousing over the buttons after all are clicked causes flashing of the other videos as if it's a mouse-over effect. If you open and close each one it's OK. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jim

EDIT: Here's what I tried. Button #1 is set to "Link to web address" with this javascript: javascript:my_open('rwvid1a');my_close('rwvid2a'); my_close('rwvid3a'); which only opens one layer and closes the other 2. Other 2 buttons I just switched the open/close around to match what I wanted that button to do. Unfortunately, without a link to a layer, the layer is visible. So I made a tiny transparent link to each layer so it wasn't visible. Sounds sort of a strange way to do what I want but it worked. Thanks sledger for your help. If you have a better suggestion to hide those layers please let me know. I do have one question: how can I make the videos autoplay when each button is clicked instead of having the video come up and then having to click the play button?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by jimhanus; 18 September 2009 at 11:51 PM.