Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: [TIP] How to re use a placeholder

Sorry Sledger, should have made it a bit clearer. I have no problem running your example, it's the one on my site that's giving the problems. I'll attach it here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah ok...

Will test

OK - looked at, previewed in WD, exported then viewed in all browsers. No problems here, no IE error messages in the preview or in any browser And working fine in Windows 7
    Looks like a local problem possibly caused by an IE add-on?
    Try disabling them.
    Tools->Options->programs->manage addons
    Disable one at a time until you find the culprit?

Navagate to the YouTube page, then click on the first black square under the large one, see if an error pops up then.

Yes I did that, tested all of them. No problems

Still having problems, sledger. I even reinstalled IE7 (7.0.5730.13) and, as you suggested, disabled the add-ins, all of them.

I could just shrug, saying that this is only one set of code that doesn't work. But since you believe it has to do with IE, this is a problem because whenever I want to preview another web page in XWD and I get an error, I will not know whether the problem is caused by faulty code or by IE.

So, it's kind of important to find the culprit. I hope you have another suggestion. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I could just shrug, saying that this is only one set of code that doesn't work.
    Well the <iframe> placeholder code works fine, but not on your PC. Why that is I can't tell because I can't repeat the problem here on any of my systems, so clearly the problem is caused by some other mishandling.

Your two screenshots show javascript errors (invalid character or object expected) which isn't part of the <iframe> placeholder code or the full screen YouTube URL (link) in the .web file.
    nickydudes shows the same javascript error.
    It might be the way your IE is handling the loading of the YouTube video, as you say - it works for you in FF, so clearly not a WD problem.

Have a look at How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer 6 and in Internet Explorer 7.

Is the in built preview using IE as a base?

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Is the in built preview using IE as a base?
    Yes.
    John.

Ok.

Also, instead of making a new thread (which I can if you want ) I have my page setup as 790 width but when viewing it at 800 x 600 the site is slightly wider than the browser and you have to scroll a little to the right. Does this happen to anyone else?