Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Question: What is Supposed to Happen if Two Different Templates use Same Object Name?

So, if you have two different templates and by coincidence each have objects within them that use the exact same object name, what when you drag one template into your document and then drag the other template into the same document?

How is XWD supposed to handle that? That so that say stretchy buttons don't get stretched by the wrong text?
    IP

Default Re: Question: What is Supposed to Happen if Two Different Templates use Same Object N

Hi John,

I have not tested this but I think it would be like copy and paste of an object with named colours that have the same name. The initial instance of the name is not changed, each additional instance is give a number suffixed to the name if it is a different colour value.

I assume that stretchy_button named object placed in the same document when they name already exists would become stretchy_button1 and so on as additional instances of that name appear in the document.

Sorry for the runon sentence.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP